Help with skid plates

OverlanderJK

Resident Smartass
Isn't RROR the company that requires you to take every skid off even if you just need to get one off? F that! I want quick and easy.

cconstab

Isn't RROR the company that requires you to take every skid off even if you just need to get one off? F that! I want quick and easy.

The plates all come off individually, that's not a problem. The problem some folks have had is the Xfer case skid bending up at the rear.. The latest version I have has been modded a bit from what I have seen in photos.. I have been bottomed out on it and it has not bent (look at the scars) but I tend to wheel pretty gently..

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
The latest version I have has been modded a bit from what I have seen in photos.. I have been bottomed out on it and it has not bent (look at the scars) but I tend to wheel pretty gently..

This is a pic of their skidplate that I found on their website today...

Transfer%20Skid-500x500.jpg

As you can see, it still is the exact same design with the welded on cross support/mud catcher as shown in this pic...

attachment.php

noroad

^^^^^This is why i made a small hanger to keep may factory skids! The new rockhard works pretty good with the RE crossmember and i just had to do minor cutting to the OEM skids! I will post picks a break time i was a little busy yesturday sorry! here is a ver very bad pic that i have on me at this time! more comming in about 20 mins!

Attachments

• oem skid.jpg
    oem skid.jpg
    72.6 KB · Views: 49
Last edited:

cconstab

And here is the mod to prevent the RROR transfer case skid bending that I mentioned.. The skid plate itself is the same just two new bolt holes for the support bracket. As I mention seems to work as I have no bends as yet..

Sent from my SM-N900T using WAYALIFE mobile app

Attachments

• 1398443139619.jpg
    1398443139619.jpg
    69.7 KB · Views: 37
Last edited:

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
And here is the mod to prevent then bending

Maybe it's just the pic but, am I seeing a bracket that is bent at the bottom and then welded to another piece at the top? Are those some kind of gap at the bend and welded piece I'm seeing? Don't get me wrong but I'm far from impressed by what I see and at best, that thing "might" be able to "help" prevent the skid plate from bending IF it doesn't break first. Of course, that's just my opinion and based on what I can see.

noroad

And here is the mod to prevent the RROR transfer case skid bending that I mentioned.. The skid plate itself is the same just two new bolt holes for the support bracket. As I mention seems to work as I have no bends as yet..

Im confused now! why are you asking for pics if you have something already? im all for helping and showing pics but this now seems like a waste of time!

cconstab

Its the picture, its tough to get a great one.. The new support bracket is connected at the top to a stock crossmember by the way of a 90 bend the bottom ties into the existing truss/mud grabber on the skid.. It is 1/4 inch plate.

I am not defending RROR but at least they have modded a known weakness..
For me at least nothing has bent yet, but it probably will :+)

cconstab

The shop fitted the RROR plates overnight.. I only got it back yesterday. Hence the pics yesterday and today..
They had told me they could not get the RROR back on so I was happy enough to go back to the stocks as they tend to hold up pretty well..
Sorry for any confusion. .

Top Bottom