Hidden Falls 2/20

DWiggles

Caught the Bug
That's a good question! I'm not exactly sure myself, but it seems from reading the threads on their site, one shows up in area B (main camping) and look for AJP Badges, and just go up and introduce yourself.

I actually had my schedule open up and I am going on Sat. (Looks to be much better weather than Sun.) I think the park opens at 8am, so I was planning in trying to get there at that time and then try to find the group after registering, airing down, and disconnecting.

You can PM for my cell. I've been on several runs, but I am a newbie (and a girl, at that!) myself, so I wouldn't be able to take just me and you, but I would be glad to introduce you as s guest if I catch up with the group.

Below is a picture of my baby (taken at Wolf Caves -- a new off-road ranch in Mason, TX. It is beautiful, with granite rocks that are the coolest to climb, but they also tear the hell out of your rig. Definitely want to start with HF!)
View attachment 188760

If you call ahead, they SOMETIMES will give you the gate code if you want to meet someone who camped there the night before... then all you have to do is make your way over the check in sometime after 8, but you can start wheeling as early as you want... :thumb:

Napalm

I see that your from garland. Being that your pretty much in between Hidden Falls and Barnwell Mountain. I will actually be at Barnwell all day Saturday. If you cant find anyone to go with you to HF and are open to changing spots if you havent already committed to a hotel/cabin. id be glad to wheel and meet up with a fellow Wayalifer [emoji106]🏻. Might i add, i feel that Barnwell is a great place to learn to wheel and is a lot more forgiving to the underside of your jeep. lol

Edit: Just saw that you said you were going to be in Austin all that weekend.

I wish I could head to Barnwell with you Saturday Nick. It's only about 45 minutes from my front door. I'm probably going to try to do a topless/doorless run there around the end of April.

Jegar

OK, Texas Wayalifers -- Stick is DEFINITELY ready for an organized Texas Wayalife run!!!! Due to some calamitous fate of the stars (The person I was planning on us meeting up on changed his plans without any notification. And after giving up on being able to find him, I jumped on opportunity to join another group when given a "Well, you can join us if you want..." Little did we know that day-and night-long liquid festivities would lead to some interesting situations and events!), he ended up beautifully taking his stock Sahara JKU down Fenceline with a blown tire, as well as running several Level 4 trails at night!

ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1456110689.694110.jpg

Last edited:

Jegar

And some Jeep selfies from the group just a short time before we were about to led down the abyss (literally!!!! on Bronco Buster) in the dark :) ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1456110779.597954.jpg

Stick

Here is a couple of shots I got of Jegar on the trails.It was a pleasure running with you despite the groups drinking getting us (well maybe just me) into some interesting situations.
Jegar.jpg Jegar2.jpg
And me following behind Jegar through Bronco Buster after dark
HiddenFalls03.jpg

dcm80401

There are plenty of trails you can run in a stock rig and there are a lot of by passes offered in spots. It will just depend on your comfort level as to what to run out there. There are some videos on you tube that could give you an idea of some of the trails out there. I might be able to make it out that weekend if I can I'll let you know. But your best bet is to find a newbie run to join or I think hidden falls offers and off roading course of some kind. Best way to get to know the park and your jeep is to get out there and explore.

Here is a video from last months run with the Hill Country Crawlers.

https://youtu.be/AMEr1lRrmNY

Top Bottom