Hiking. Day, Thru, Section, Ultralight to Traditional

sipafz

Caught the Bug
Hiked a section of the Ice Age Trail and Butler Lake Loop to see the fall colors and some aftermath from a supposed tornado that touched down back in August.

The drive up was colorful as I made my way up Kettle Moraine Scenic Drive:

IMG_7824.jpg

IMG_7826.jpg

IMG_7828.jpg

The trail is really close to being at peak colors:

IMG_7831.jpg

IMG_7832.jpg

The Sumac were vibrant:

IMG_7852.jpg

IMG_7846.jpg

Storm / Tornado Damage:

IMG_7854.jpg

IMG_7856.jpg

IMG_7860.jpg

IMG_7866.jpg

The local clubs have been busy clearing, but a mile in, I reached the end of the cleanup:

IMG_7855.jpg

Decide to turn back and loop around on a snowmobile trail that crossed a couple hundred yards back:

IMG_7867.jpg

IMG_7869.jpg

IMG_7870.jpg

Finally, Butler Lake:

IMG_7871.jpg

IMG_8005.jpg

And some pics of Oscar on the way home:

IMG_8012.jpg

IMG_8015.jpg

For a cool and sometimes rainy day, it was still a perfect day to be out on an adventure!

Last edited:

WJCO

Meme King
Hiked a section of the Ice Age Trail and Butler Lake Loop to see the fall colors and some aftermath from a supposed tornado that touched down back in August.

The drive up was colorful as I made my way up Kettle Moraine Scenic Drive:

For a cool and sometimes rainy day, it was still a perfect day to be out on an adventure!

Looks beautiful out there. I feel like I missed the whole summer. Hoping to do some snowshoeing and climbing this winter.

Bierpower

Hooked
Just snow climbing. I don't have the balls for ice climbing. I only do snow climbing because the views are amazing and I can get away from crowds. Do you ice climb?
I got into rock climbing for a while. All of the pick axes and crampons we're too pricey for getting into ice climbing. We also lived in Georgia so ice was pretty sparse.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using WAYALIFE mobile app

WJCO

Meme King
Been awhile since we got out on a hike but did a decent one today. Along the trail wasn't too special but the view near the top was worth some pictures.

hike (1).jpg

hike (4).jpg

hike (2).jpg

hike (3).jpg

sipafz

Caught the Bug
Been awhile since we got out on a hike but did a decent one today. Along the trail wasn't too special but the view near the top was worth some pictures.

Nice views! The scenery in Colorado certainly is different than Wisconsin! What was your elevation?

Top Bottom