Hinrichs 2.0

hinrichs

Caught the Bug
Bend wasn't too bad but I totally get why you sent it back. Hopefully the next one comes in good shape.

If it wasnt powder coated I would have hammered it flat and dealt with it. I actually did step on it a little and flattened it out but I couldnt get it any better without hammer work.

Just got my tracking for the replacement, sucks cuz I was really hoping to install it this weekend.

Last edited:

hinrichs

Caught the Bug
Looks like I will be taking a few days off next week to get ready for this trip, louver comes monday or tuesday I think, and should have the axle seals around the same time. So excited to do those :grayno:

scull20

Looks like I will be taking a few days off next week to get ready for this trip, louver comes monday or tuesday I think, and should have the axle seals around the same time. So excited to do those :grayno:

I'm taking off Thursday and Friday next week. If you've still got work to do on Friday I can make my way out early give you a hand.

hinrichs

Caught the Bug
Cover up your windshield before sending sparks into it. I forgot to.... and now I need a new windshield. :grayno:

I will be taking the hood off, or using one of my spares that I have in the basement.

What are you going to use to cut the metal? Sawzall or Jig/Skil saw?

Death wheel is what ill be using since you only cut the first layer and not any of the support structure underneath. I was thinking about picking up the electric metal shears but dont think it would work like I think it would for this project....and I dont really do enough sheet metal work to make that purchase make sense.

hinrichs

Caught the Bug
Well it's installed, really not hard, worst part is putting all the bolts in. I used my spare hood so I'm back to rubicon stickers as well to change it up a little.

IMG_8982.jpg
IMG_8980.jpg
IMG_8983.jpg
IMG_8985.jpg
IMG_8987.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

Top Bottom