Hinrichs 2.0

I had my 3 arm puller in my hand for a while yesterday, but I couldnt figure out how to make it work since there is nothing to push against with it.

I had my 3 arm puller in my hand for a while yesterday, but I couldnt figure out how to make it work since there is nothing to push against with it.

I have a cheapo 2 arm. You'd have to use some kind of plate that would stand off the end of the axle tube to make it work. It would be a lot harder with the 3 jaw for sure.

Well harbor freight was a fail, dont carry the slide hammer I wanted in stores, Eastwood was my next bet, but it ships direct. Amazon for the win, except my gift card is at home in the jeep haha. So there goes the one day prime shipping I was going to go for. Oh well I can waste date night now and install the shafts Wednesday night.

So last night my new shafts showed up, was a little worried at first since the box was a little mangled on one end, but nothing was missing.

IMG_9120.jpg

Got home and pulled the driver side, no issues and went back in easily other than getting oil all over. Also figured out the passenger side using a 1/2" ratchet to get the race out. Slide hammer comes today and will still be good to have.

IMG_9122.jpg
IMG_9123.jpg

Might be hard to see, but interesting difference on the Yukon vs Revolution spline length. I don't understand the Yukon shafts as to me it seems like they would be weaker.

IMG_9124.jpg
IMG_9114.jpg
IMG_9121.jpg

Also swapped in my new lower control arm since I bent it a little bit on our last trip.

IMG_9125.jpg

Last edited:
So last night my new shafts showed up, was a little worried at first since the box was a little mangled on one end, but nothing was missing.

Got home and pulled the driver side, no issues and went back in easily other than getting oil all over. Also figured out the passenger side using a 1/2" ratchet to get the race out. Slide hammer comes today and will still be good to have.

Might be hard to see, but interesting difference on the Yukon vs Revolution spline length. I don't understand the Yukon shafts as to me it seems like they would be weaker.

Also swapped in my new lower control arm since I bent it a little bit on our last trip.

Yeah, I'd say that control arm had a little clearancing on it :crazyeyes:

Crazy amount of spline on the Yukon shafts.

View attachment 265775

Man, you took a beating on Tombstone! I learned my lesson trying to fit Gruff's ass through that route last year & bent a flange. It was REALLY bent. Like clown car wobble bent. :cheesy:
The route to the right is the only way to go for me from now on!

Man, you took a beating on Tombstone! I learned my lesson trying to fit Gruff's ass through that route last year & bent a flange. It was REALLY bent. Like clown car wobble bent. :cheesy:
The route to the right is the only way to go for me from now on!

Well your a lot smaller now so you can fit just like me!

Plan to redo this again, but it worked well for me. I plan on keeping one and cutting it in half

IMG_9139.jpg
IMG_9140.jpg

Toe seems to be perfect from my calculations, just need to mess with the draglink a little more to get the steering wheel perfectly. Also need to make sure the ram is centered again.

Made some beer over the weekend

IMG_9149.jpg
IMG_9152.jpg

Also took a badass picture

IMG_9178.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

Top Bottom