Hinrichs 3.0......Autumn the XJ

hinrichs

Caught the Bug
Ordered the Anytone smart cb, and a new cable for my fire stick. Been screwing around with a mount for the antenna all morning with no real success.

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

Coop

Caught the Bug
Congrats on the find! This going to be good!

MR.Ty

Token East Coast Guy
Congrats on getting another Jeep! I look forward to seeing what you do to it. :thumb:

hinrichs

Caught the Bug
So I am starting to really look into lifts, and wow the selection is kinda a joke. High prices for what seems like very basic parts and shit shocks in all the kits. I was thinking about getting the rancho option, but that seems counter productive to spend the money on since it doesnt come with shocks and its around $1200. The jeep is on 32x10.5 tires that are kinda shot, but with a 2" level kit they seem to fit. I plan to pull the fender flares off tonight finally and see what little extra clearance those give me. Granted I have no idea how the tires fit with some flex, but the girl said she wheeled the jeep as is. I just dont really understand these things and lift heights.

I am kinda curious if I can somehow reuse my "junk" rear kings that I had as spares from the JK.....I think I am really overthinking this whole thing tho.

Last edited:

Mountainjk10

Caught the Bug
So I am starting to really look into lifts, and wow the selection is kinda a joke. High prices for what seems like very basic parts and shit shocks in all the kits. I was thinking about getting the rancho option, but that seems counter productive to spend the money on since it doesnt come with shocks and its around $1200. The jeep is on 32x10.5 tires that are kinda shot, but with a 2" level kit they seem to fit. I plan to pull the fender flares off tonight finally and see what little extra clearance those give me. Granted I have no idea how the tires fit with some flex, but the girl said she wheeled the jeep as is. I just dont really understand these things and lift heights.

I am kinda curious if I can somehow reuse my "junk" rear kings that I had as spares from the JK.....I think I am really overthinking this whole thing tho.

My 2001 XJ had a 4.5” lift with 33’s. They would slightly rub at full stuff. Rusty’s off road has some decent kits for the XJ.

pop2tu

Here is my sons XJ. 35s and 4.5” Rough Country and trimmed fenders
IMG_1537.jpg
That’s the rear at full stuff
IMG_1538.JPG
That is the front after trim on level ground
No those aren’t Kings just RC shocks that came with kit

catahoula

Caught the Bug
I would look at Rusty's too. Also there is Iron Rock's 4" premium short arm kit with shocks starting at $799.

It looks like you also need frame stiffeners for these rigs too!

This is a nice rig and the front bumper really complements the XJ in my opinion.

xj.jpg

29768ebedacb73155e9f9bb571802a25.jpg

BaddestCross

Been looking at the same kits for my son's XJ. I really like the Rancho kit as it seems to be more complete. Most other kits you have to add stuff to and it ends up costing about the same. Go with 9000 shocks and it's about $1600 or pick less expensive shocks and your done. The shocks that come with other kits are a bit sketchy to me.

I'm thinking a Rock Hard cage instead of frame stiffeners... You get more protection, plus it also stiffens the "frame" once installed.

--
Build Thread - Adventures of Fiona - https://wayalife.com/showthread.php?t=47407

hinrichs

Caught the Bug
Threw on the bracket this morning, seems to fit well just need to mess around with the cable routing now

IMG_4026.jpg
IMG_4027.jpg

Also ordered a bumper to replace the huge one. I won’t be running a winch since I don’t really want to buy one for the Jeep and another for the trailer. Went stubby as I’m sure in time the front will get chopped up anyway.

IMG_4028.jpg

Last edited:
Top Bottom