Hinrichs 3.0......Autumn the XJ

hinrichs

Caught the Bug
What an awesome day, title showed up and the bumper. Was surprised for only being $200 it even comes with the side reinforcement frame tie in things. Granted it’s a very simple bumper but still fits well.

IMG_4063.jpg
IMG_4062.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

hinrichs

Caught the Bug
Ill update later with some really exciting pictures tonight, but I hit the junkyard this weekend with the lady. She found a perfect black dash trim surround thing which was missing, and I also grabbed a vacuum ball that sits behind the bumper. Not sure if I really need it or what its even for, but it was missing and plugged.

Also started to look into axles, I think I found one out of a ford for the rear, but need to measure widths and see what good options would be. The yard guy said prolly looking at $150 depending on what all I leave on the axle.

Benito

Caught the Bug
Ill update later with some really exciting pictures tonight, but I hit the junkyard this weekend with the lady. She found a perfect black dash trim surround thing which was missing, and I also grabbed a vacuum ball that sits behind the bumper. Not sure if I really need it or what its even for, but it was missing and plugged.

Also started to look into axles, I think I found one out of a ford for the rear, but need to measure widths and see what good options would be. The yard guy said prolly looking at $150 depending on what all I leave on the axle.

Don’t forget you’ll probably want to re-gear and put in a locker....I have buddy that swapped in a 8.8 on Grand Cherokee, there was a company that makes axle swap kits for them with brackets and everything. He did everything himself, and I remember being surprised how cheap he was in the whole thing for.

Scrambler

If you can get it for $150, jump on it. When I had an XJ and was looking for an 8.8 the junkyards were magically missing all the rear ends out of the explorers. Apparently it is quite profitable for people to go pull them, paint them, and then Sell them for double to triple the price on Craigslist.

hinrichs

Caught the Bug
If you can get it for $150, jump on it. When I had an XJ and was looking for an 8.8 the junkyards were magically missing all the rear ends out of the explorers. Apparently it is quite profitable for people to go pull them, paint them, and then Sell them for double to triple the price on Craigslist.

Yeah I was a little surprised on the price, I am going to call another place as well thats semi local that owns the other part of this yard. They will pull parts for you however which might be worth the extra cost depending on what it is. I should have gotten more pictures of the one I found tho. It was prolly a 14 bolt, and full float axles which is way overkill, but what I want this time around.

hinrichs

Caught the Bug
Just got an email my lift shipped out, wish I could see the ups drivers face when he needs to drop off 7 boxes :shock:

hinrichs

Caught the Bug
Does it still look kinda bad? Yep
It sure does but I have the dash bezel or whatever you want to call it now. Plan to get a whole new dash support and associated wiring in the spring time

IMG_4122.jpg

dillard09

Don’t forget you’ll probably want to re-gear and put in a locker....I have buddy that swapped in a 8.8 on Grand Cherokee, there was a company that makes axle swap kits for them with brackets and everything. He did everything himself, and I remember being surprised how cheap he was in the whole thing for.

It was probably East Coast Gear Supply. That's who I used when I swapped in an 8.8 in my YJ. They have everything you would need for the swap including the whole axle if you want.

hinrichs

Caught the Bug
I have a friend who just messaged me who is parting his XJ, 8.8 rear with locker and built front 30 both with 4.10s, which really isnt bad but seems pointless to me unless I stay on 35s forever. Steve and I have been talking about just finding JK axles which prolly would be fine up to a 37...but finding a set of 44s cheap enough to me seems like a challenge.

Sheaffadelic

Caught the Bug
I have a friend who just messaged me who is parting his XJ, 8.8 rear with locker and built front 30 both with 4.10s, which really isnt bad but seems pointless to me unless I stay on 35s forever. Steve and I have been talking about just finding JK axles which prolly would be fine up to a 37...but finding a set of 44s cheap enough to me seems like a challenge.

Hurry up... Im ready to start building this thing!

Top Bottom