Hinrichs 3.0......Autumn the XJ

WJCO

Meme King
Clayton may have bracket kits too. They were really helpful when I did my swap. Not sure on their XJ stuff though.

98XJ06LJ

Clayton may have bracket kits too. They were really helpful when I did my swap. Not sure on their XJ stuff though.
Clayton is definitely one of the best vendors I've worked with over the years. Very helpful and will spend the time with you on the phone to make sure you are getting exactly what you need. Highly recommend calling them. They have a pretty extensive XJ selection when it comes to brackets and kits. Adam is one of the owners and will answer any questions you may have, as will any of the staff there.

Sent from my Moto Z (2) using WAYALIFE mobile app

hinrichs

Caught the Bug
Looking forward to seeing it done! Is this a bolt-on kit?

--
Build Thread - Adventures of Fiona - https://wayalife.com/showthread.php?t=47407

Yes the kit is bolt on. I was re-reading about the front setup again, and for "competition or racing" you can weld a few spots on the front brackets. I am not sure I will do that till later on yet or not. Mainly thats incase I get frame stiffeners which I may even just order now so I can do it all at once. I will get more pics of the lift tonight.

cozdude

Guy with a Red 2-Door
Yes the kit is bolt on. I was re-reading about the front setup again, and for "competition or racing" you can weld a few spots on the front brackets. I am not sure I will do that till later on yet or not. Mainly thats incase I get frame stiffeners which I may even just order now so I can do it all at once. I will get more pics of the lift tonight.

Just order the frame stiffeners

hinrichs

Caught the Bug
Just order the frame stiffeners

C'mon Jim - go big and order the stiffeners

They are on the list, just not sure which company I want to go with. Not like the lift will be going on anytime soon.

Main delay is I dont know where to keep the bmw while I am working on the jeep since it cant sit outside in the cold. I know this sounds really dumb, but the tires cant be out in anything below 45 and the coolant situation is mostly water/water wetter

Last edited:

hinrichs

Caught the Bug
This is how you change your muffler bearings right? Should prolly dump some used motor oil down the frame while I have such easy access

IMG_4184.jpg

At least the driver side isn’t as bad

IMG_4187.jpg

Last edited:
Top Bottom