Hinrichs 3.0......Autumn the XJ

hinrichs

Caught the Bug
4.5” lift in the back so far, with 1” shackles which I might swap out for oem. Maybe it’ll level out when I get the front lifted. They are a 31 or 32

Oh and the rear shocks are to short [emoji58]

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

TrailHunter

Hooked
4.5” lift in the back so far, with 1” shackles which I might swap out for oem. Maybe it’ll level out when I get the front lifted. They are a 31 or 32

Oh and the rear shocks are to short [emoji58]

I’m thinking 3 to 3.5 would be perfect... this is a shitty pic but the red & silver jeeps up front are 3-3.5” with 31-32” tires & trimming ... and the red jeep in the back is 4-4.5” with 35’s.

IMG_0332.JPG

Last edited:

WJCO

Meme King
Good thing you started with a long arm setup. Wish I had done the same. It's tricky to get clearance and a comfortable ride with larger tires on a short arm setup.

hinrichs

Caught the Bug
37s is the plan. I might end up also going with a Dana 50 and 10.5 out of a f250. Kinda an oddball In a way but cheap and should work out fine for what I am doing. 500 for axles isn’t bad.

hinrichs

Caught the Bug
Swapped the front bump stops...I know soooooooo exciting right ?

IMG_4634.jpg
IMG_4635.jpg

Prolly should have gotten extended ones, oh well

IMG_4636.jpg

Then started working on the floor pans, which decided to fight back

IMG_4639.jpg

Got them ready to weld (no pics cuz it’s lots of small holes) so I threw on this gem which I got at tractor supply the other day.

IMG_4633.jpg

Also, not really sure how to fix this one yet. I went to install the rear bump stops, and surprisingly one of the bolts snapped right away as I tried to remove it. I should have known better and heated it up...but of course I didnt. Might be able to weld in a nut or something but not sure yet.

Last edited:

hinrichs

Caught the Bug
More floor pan fitting and sanding, got it where I want it.

IMG_4657.jpg

Tomorrow I’ll grab the weld through primer, and then I can weld it in. Also going to get an internal frame coating can.

Easy to get to the upper control arm bolts

IMG_4658.jpg

Brute

Hooked
Swapped the front bump stops...I know soooooooo exciting right ?

View attachment 321911
View attachment 321912

Prolly should have gotten extended ones, oh well

View attachment 321913

Then started working on the floor pans, which decided to fight back

View attachment 321914

Got them ready to weld (no pics cuz it’s lots of small holes) so I threw on this gem which I got at tractor supply the other day.

View attachment 321915

Also, not really sure how to fix this one yet. I went to install the rear bump stops, and surprisingly one of the bolts snapped right away as I tried to remove it. I should have known better and heated it up...but of course I didnt. Might be able to weld in a nut or something but not sure yet.

Suicide knob...I really love them on my boats...

hinrichs

Caught the Bug
Nothing like having to redo a lot of work, wasn’t happy with how the welding was going so I cut the pan back out. Hardly had any penetration anyway which pissed me off.

notnalc68

That dude from Mississippi
Got some fancy paint, it stinks.

View attachment 322301

Kinda feel it’s pointless, but figure why not try and stop future rust.

View attachment 322302

Nothing like having to redo a lot of work, wasn’t happy with how the welding was going so I cut the pan back out. Hardly had any penetration anyway which pissed me off.

At least you are trying to do it right, unlike a lot of people that work on older vehicles.

hinrichs

Caught the Bug
Worked on the driver side over the weekend, actually got a lot done. Fitment was much better.

IMG_4803.jpg

Only a little trimming which I should have done on the passenger side, but then I found more rust.

IMG_4808.jpg
57444486650__B6853801-FEC2-4526-9F96-CB49F9ECF095.jpg

Welded in and seam sealer. I’ll work on the very front once it warms up and I have more room outside.

IMG_4817.jpg

Top Bottom