Hinrichs 3.0......Autumn the XJ

hinrichs

Caught the Bug
Great new digs...

Roll your rig on wheel dollies, rent a trailer/truck, winch it on and go...

Have the trailer, guess I will have to buy a winch for it finally. Only issue tho is I cant use dollys on the front, nothing but the frame to put them on. Guess I never really posted a picture of how its sitting.

Brute

Hooked
Have the trailer, guess I will have to buy a winch for it finally. Only issue tho is I cant use dollys on the front, nothing but the frame to put them on. Guess I never really posted a picture of how its sitting.

Put a couple 4x4’s on the dollies and ratchet them to the frame?

hinrichs

Caught the Bug
Gonna research this, but I think I might try and just build a car dolly to get the xj body rolling. I can pull off the rear axle easy enough now I think that might be the best option for me. I do need to buy a winch for the trailer which kinda sucks tho. Really didnt want to spend that kinda money right now. Dont see it happening, but closing should be June 26th. Waiting to see whats going on with the failed septic.

Ddays

Hooked
Gonna research this, but I think I might try and just build a car dolly to get the xj body rolling. I can pull off the rear axle easy enough now I think that might be the best option for me. I do need to buy a winch for the trailer which kinda sucks tho. Really didnt want to spend that kinda money right now. Dont see it happening, but closing should be June 26th. Waiting to see whats going on with the failed septic.

Shitty luck on that :grayno:

hinrichs

Caught the Bug
Waiting to hear when I can move so I can start back on the Jeep. Still apart in the exact same way as before. Haven’t touched it.

Did find out that a bestop emergency rain cover for a 4 door kinda works well as a Bmw cab cover. You know that no front window, vented rear race car life.

IMG_5739.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

longarmwj

Waiting to hear when I can move so I can start back on the Jeep. Still apart in the exact same way as before. Haven’t touched it.

Did find out that a bestop emergency rain cover for a 4 door kinda works well as a Bmw cab cover. You know that no front window, vented rear race car life.

View attachment 329347

I don't guess I ever realized you had an E36.

Drew is a tuner turned Jeeper. We got him a derelict 2004 350Z a few months ago and haven't touched it since :naw:

hinrichs

Caught the Bug
Well, got one side like 75% installed. Should be enough to load onto a trailer and roll around I think. There is a large backing plate on top that needs 3 bolts yet but that can wait.

58336990879__764D496E-AB4D-485F-8E1D-D39AEAEBED17.jpg
58337402108__99ACFDB9-C547-475A-BF9E-EBD01224E808.jpg

hinrichs

Caught the Bug
Front is together, and sitting on its own suspension again. It’s very loosely put together but should be enough to move it to the new house.

IMG_5824.JPG

IMG_5827.jpg

Last edited:

hinrichs

Caught the Bug
Looking good. My son and I are finally gonna install the lift on his XJ over the holiday.
--
=Build Thread - Adventures of Fiona - https://wayalife.com/showthread.php?t=47407

Congrats on getting it mobile.

Glad to see it’s at least a roller again! [emoji1303]

Thanks guys ! It felt good driving it 10 ft out of the garage. Was surprised it started right up honestly.

The rear driveshaft needs to be pulled again and I should replace the front U-Joint...but I think I will wait incase I end up getting a SYE. I just need to find a good deal on a used kit hopefully. Also think I will be pulling the rear lift shackles I ended up installing and get some new stock ones. Its a little higher than I would like but maybe it will settle.

Last edited:
Top Bottom