Hollister Hills

SJCJK

I’ll be at Holister Hills staging area by the ranger station on the 28th. I’ll be there from 10am to 10:30. In my silver JK, with black top. Aside from a front bumper and winch my rig is stock. I’ll be hanging out and if anyone wants to join up for some intermediate trails see you there between 10 and 10:30 on the 28th.
See you then

Planning to be there with my father-in-law. I’ll be driving billet colored JKUR on 37s and with a snorkel. See you then!

Hi guys, I’m going on the 27th w/ my family, in our JKUR Anvil grey, w/ 35’s and likely a rudolph nose w/ antlers, and Xmas lights on the spare - plus a friend in his new grey 4Runner TRD Pro. He’s never been off-road in it so we’ll be on beginner and intermediate. I think we’ll be rolling into the pay area at 10:15-10:30... We’ll be on FRS radios, channel 4. My name’s Mike. We’ll air down by the school house after paying. Hope to see you guys! :thumb:

Astroman

My father-in-law and I had a great time wheeling with you gents -- even with the difficulties coordinating :crazyeyes:

Here are a couple vids:

Yours truly taking Truck Hill

Rubicon (Vic) claws his way up Truck Hill -- making it look easy :thumb:

MonoJoe takes Truck Hill with a stock (except winch/bumper) JKUR! :rock:

We'll have to wheel here again in the New Year!

Last edited:

SJCJK

My father-in-law and I had a great time wheeling with you gents -- even with the difficulties coordinating :crazy eyes:

Rubicon (Vic) claws his way up Truck Hill -- making it look easy :thumb:

MonoJoe takes Truck Hill with a stock (except winch/bumper) JKUR! :rock:

We'll have to wheel here again in the New Year!

Wow! I saw you guys from the obstacle course doing that. Never seen anyone do that hill before... and it gives me the willies looking at it. Well done. :clap2::thumb:

If you don’t mind my asking, how did you do it? 4 hi/Lo and lock/unlock and what gear? Thanks!!

Astroman

Wow! I saw you guys from the obstacle course doing that. Never seen anyone do that hill before... and it gives me the willies looking at it. Well done. :clap2::thumb:

If you don’t mind my asking, how did you do it? 4 hi/Lo and lock/unlock and what gear? Thanks!!

Oh shoot — wish we would have known you were there! Anyway we took Ruvicon’s advice and ran 4-low unlocked. I chose to do it in second gear whereas the others I believe used first gear (correct me if I’m wrong guys).

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

Astroman

Some pics:

standard.jpg

Ruvicon topping out on Truck Hill

standard.jpg

MonoJoe makes it up with no issues.

medium800.jpg

Heading up Fremontia trail -- steep and loose :shock:

medium800.jpg

Gaining elevation to achieve CB radio contact with MonoJoe. Now able to communicate, we coordinated meeting at the top!

medium800.jpg

George takes in the impressive views from the park's highest point

medium800.jpg

Back at the base of Truck Hill

medium800.jpg

Parting shot

SJCJK

Oh shoot — wish we would have known you were there! Anyway we took Ruvicon’s advice and ran 4-low unlocked. I chose to do it in second gear whereas the others I believe used first gear (correct me if I’m wrong guys).

Got it, thanks! Engines were revving hard on that climb man.

Ruvicon

I’m glad we finally met up. Had a good time looking over your rig (Astroman). Very nice! We do need to get a NorCal group together in 2018 for sure.

Here’s a pic of me coming down one of the “un-mapped” black diamond trails just near the top by Hector Heights Overlook. It’s an off camber left turn.

IMG_3054.jpg

Ruvicon (Vic)

Last edited:

Astroman

I’m glad we finally met up. Had a good time looking over your rig (Astroman). Very nice! We do need to get a NorCal group together in 2018 for sure.

Here’s a pic of me coming down one of the “un-mapped” black diamond trails just near the top by Hector Heights Overlook. It’s an off camber left turn.

View attachment 287912

Ruvicon (Vic)

Hey Vic -- nice pic........Flex Friday candidate for sure :yup:

Top Bottom