Holy crap- do EVO springs "settle in"? 3" plush ride netted 5" over my RK 2.5" kit.

zimm

Caught the Bug
Are you drinking [emoji51], ....kidding

Sent from my iPad using WAYALIFE mobile app

I am now, but not while I was taking measurements and pictures. The next person to install new springs should do a time lapse. I swear those things settle down several inches when weight is first put in them. Look at the first photos I took.

Last edited:

RMC2

Caught the Bug
Interesting.

I fear the taller than advertised springs - pick a brand too. I would prefer 3" actual lift over 2.5 or 3.5, 4+ no way.

zimm

Caught the Bug
Did you measure before or after you put in the rear springs with all 4 tires on the ground?

sent from your basement

Hmmm. I went back through my pics and rear was in jack stands at the 44" measurement. That could account for something. :doh:

zimm

Caught the Bug
Well I got up this morning and decided to put the 1" rear spacers in. i used he-man strength and got them popped into place. I think it looks pretty good. Maybe a tad high in the rear, but it'll level out with camping load or towing the camper. I'll see how it looks after a couple of weeks.

As a side note- the ride is great. Smoother than the RK springs, soaks up speed bumps without jarring, and with the added height my tires don't rub on the lower control arms anymore. The steering is perfect with the drag flip. No more pulling to the side and it tracks awesome. There's is a little more "head toss" when driving on uneven neighborhood roads, kind of like being on the flying bridge of a boat.

What do you think?

[url=https://flic.kr/p/Rpn5FN]

zimm

Caught the Bug
I also discovered that I could re-use my old fox 2.0 front shocks that were too long with my old 2.5" kit (I have the 4-6" ones). So I gained another 2.5" of droop. The rears look awfully short, I'll have to see if there's longer fox shocks for the back. Or bite the bullet and get a set of EVO spec King 2.5's.....

Top Bottom