Holy crap- do EVO springs "settle in"? 3" plush ride netted 5" over my RK 2.5" kit.

zimm

Caught the Bug
I wish the wheels had less backspacing (4.5 is ideal, AEV are 5.2 or 5.3). But with the extra height I'm not rubbing on the lower control arms anymore.

I'm staring at 4 Evo spec king 2.5 shocks in my "shopping cart", but I can't pull the trigger on $2000 in shocks just yet. On the other hand, do I really want to "waste" $260 on longer fox 2.0's for the rear?

Draconianwinter

I wish the wheels had less backspacing (4.5 is ideal, AEV are 5.2 or 5.3). But with the extra height I'm not rubbing on the lower control arms anymore.

I'm staring at 4 Evo spec king 2.5 shocks in my "shopping cart", but I can't pull the trigger on $2000 in shocks just yet. On the other hand, do I really want to "waste" $260 on longer fox 2.0's for the rear?
Under full flex you will likely rub especially if you are having to turn.

sent from your basement

RockinAZJK

Caught the Bug
I also discovered that I could re-use my old fox 2.0 front shocks that were too long with my old 2.5" kit (I have the 4-6" ones). So I gained another 2.5" of droop. The rears look awfully short, I'll have to see if there's longer fox shocks for the back. Or bite the bullet and get a set of EVO spec King 2.5's.....

If you don't have them already, go with evo rockstars in the rear and that will bring your rear shocks up 1.5" I believe. Should fix that problem!

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

zimm

Caught the Bug
If you don't have them already, go with evo rockstars in the rear and that will bring your rear shocks up 1.5" I believe. Should fix that problem!

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

Wow, didn't know they existed! That would help me keep my shocks and possibly sway bar links.

Edit: Yes, that's the perfect solution. The short fox shocks are 15.65" collapsed and 24.75" extended. The longer shocks are 17.35 and 27.95. Adding 1.5" to the shorter ones fixes the issue. Plus it lets me run shorter rear sway bar links.

Edit again: I just looked up the tables and the longer shocks are actually a longer stroke than the short ones. Their chart has a typo saying both are 10.6" of stroke. The longer ones actually have 10.6 and the short ones are 9.1. Hmmm....

Last edited:
Top Bottom