Holy Cross Summer 2020

jeffj

Caught the Bug
I agree with WJCO, this is one of my favorite trails I have ever done and i would definitely try to do this trail. I will be in Colorado in July and should have open dates 6,7,and 8th to wheel. I just wanted to throw this out there in case these dates work for anybody.

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

Ddays

Hooked
I agree with WJCO, this is one of my favorite trails I have ever done and i would definitely try to do this trail. I will be in Colorado in July and should have open dates 6,7,and 8th to wheel. I just wanted to throw this out there in case these dates work for anybody.

LOL, thanks Jeff - you're not helping either

bon-fire-gasoline.jpg

bigcale

Caught the Bug
giphy.gif

I am sorry to have disappointed you all then.:idontknow::idontknow:

I am more interested to see what happens when I have all the easy buttons and levers.

Slimebones

I know you are just itching to try Cleveland Rock again! Have you had any other obstacles beat you? IIRC: you were talking about taking on Carnage Canyon. How did that go?

Last edited:

jeffj

Caught the Bug
I know you are just itching to try Cleveland Rock again! Have you had any other obstacles beat you? IIRC: you were talking about taking on Carnage Canyon. How did that go?

I ended up doing it but, I would have been over my head if we hadn’t got in behind this group that took us in. It was work getting my heavy rig through, winching 3-4 times. But we did with hardly a scratch.

I had much more fun with our group! I wasn’t scared the all day.

Slimebones

I ended up doing it but, I would have been over my head if we hadn’t got in behind this group that took us in. It was work getting my heavy rig through, winching 3-4 times. But we did with hardly a scratch.

I had much more fun with our group! I wasn’t scared the all day.

HaHa! I am sure that canyon was "scarey". Wish I had a rig worthy of even trying that. Although, I did see a video of a couple old vintage Jeeps crawling up through there. Like you, the winch seemed to make it possible. And of course, Cindy made it look pretty easy.

Clutch

Caught the Bug
HaHa! I am sure that canyon was "scarey". Wish I had a rig worthy of even trying that. Although, I did see a video of a couple old vintage Jeeps crawling up through there. Like you, the winch seemed to make it possible. And of course, Cindy made it look pretty easy.

Lockers and 37s, why wouldn’t your rig be worthy?

WJCO

Meme King
Oh, I thought we were still talking about Holy Cross?

Jeff did Holy Cross with us but before he left Colorado, he did Carnage Canyon as well.

The Carnage Canyon picture above was from another month when we ran a trail next to it.

Slimebones

Oh, I thought we were still talking about Holy Cross?

Sorry for getting off topic of Holy Cross. I was just inquiring with jeffj how he handled Carnage Canyon in comparison to Cleveland Rock (the end of Holy Cross) which he had trouble getting up with his very well built rig.

WJCO

Meme King
0I will be in Colorado in July and should have open dates 6,7,and 8th to wheel. I just wanted to throw this out there in case these dates work for anybody.

IF they're open, Middle St Vrain and Coney Flats would be a fun one (run both at the same time) . Not near as challenging (for a badass on 40s and DTD) but still a fun experience and definitely worth doing.

Slimebones

Have you run Spring Creek yet? Should be open in July .

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using WAYALIFE mobile app

H8ROADS

Caught the Bug
Just me but I’m going to do something I haven’t yet for my big trip

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE

Top Bottom