Hound's 17 JKU Gobi Build

Houndy95

Evo leveling kit and new rubber is on! photo oct 27, 6 51 54 pm.jpg What a world of difference, I’m very pleased with how it turned out. I also got my CB antenna mounted, just have to finish running the cable and wire up the power for the CB and that will be done.

Houndy95

I added a set of Spidertrax spacers to give it a little more of a stance and I really like how it looks with the EVO leveling kit and the STT Pro's.

Photo Nov 01, 3 28 25 PM.jpg Photo Nov 01, 3 29 14 PM.jpg

After having to send back my Cobra 75 due to a defective mic, I got that buttoned up and it works great. I am very pleased with how clean the 75 looks.

Photo Nov 01, 3 29 33 PM.jpg

Still have a few more things on order that should be here in the next week or so, which I can't wait for.

Houndy95

No real update but I did get some more parts in (front bumper and winch). I am however waiting to get my jeep back from the dealer before I can install them.

I took it in for a trac/abs light on that would not shut off. I made sure to check the wheel sensors and that my wheel was straight and no problems that I could find. It up until this point would come on and go off with no consistency so I never bothered with it. Now is just on all the time. Took it in Thursday had it scanned and the service tech said that is weird since he had never seen that code before (Dynamic sensor communication fault) or something along those lines. Had to order a part will be ready in the morning. Fast forward to the next morning and got a call its done and all fixed. Not a single mile was put on it so that was a little shock at first but off I went. Not even 3 miles from the dealer I hear a bing and see 2 lights on, the same 2. So back it goes to the dealer, and sure enough same code. Now fast forward again to today I talked with the service advisor and he had no idea about an update said he would call me back since the tech wasn't at his toolbox. 2 hours later I get a call and he says the tech hasn't worked on it because he was busy with other cars. Hearing that made me cringe as it seemed that it was not a priority to see why it popped the same code 3 miles after they said they fixed it. I got another call about an hour later saying the tech wasn't sure what the problem was since the sensor was just replaced and it could possible be a harness (which I thought the tech didn't work on it yet). So I got the same story that they will call me tomorrow sometime if they know anymore.

So hopefully I get some news tomorrow how they are making out. It sure is aggravating dealing with the dealer.

Houndy95

Damn, sorry to hear that. Must be really frustrating to deal with those knuckle fucks. Hopefully they will figure it out soon.

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

Thanks, sure is I love the fact they keep saying they have never seen that code before and after replacing the dynamic sensor the first time they are unsure what caused the code to pop again. Makes me wonder if they can actually fix anything.

boardsurfer

At least you get calls and updates. The one local dealer here kept my Jeep for 6 days and wouldnt return my calls. :rolleyes2:

Houndy95

At least you get calls and updates. The one local dealer here kept my Jeep for 6 days and wouldnt return my calls. :rolleyes2:

Wow that really sucks. They seem good at getting back to me it’s just they don’t ever have anything new it’s just the same old well we don’t really know but we’re working on it.

Houndy95

Well good news I got my jeep back today. After the runaround as usual they were able to pinpoint the problem to the ABS control module harness. I guess from what I gathered there was a bent pin in the connector that was causing the system to go on and off intermittingly so they fixed that and said I should be good. No lights so far so I'm hoping they got it this time around. Now I can work on getting my bumper and winch installed this week.

Houndy95

Got my bumper installed today, love the look. Only had one small imperfection in the powder coating which I was expecting more but LOD ships them really well with all the foam. Took forever to get out of the foam but I’m happy they took the extra care for shipping. One thing I wasn’t to happy with was the quality of the hardware that came with it. Not to mention I was sort 2 bolts and a few washers.
E9729698-9333-4739-B433-B789D6419DF8.jpg DC87212E-E996-45B0-B300-987539A645FE.jpg
Will be working on getting the winch installed in the next day or so.

Houndy95

I got my Warn installed today. It really is a great looking winch and I think it really finishes off the front end with the LOD bumper. This is my first warn and I'm extremely pleased with the quality. I am also surprised how fast it is, I know that might sound weird but compared to winches I have had in the past the warn blows them out of the water as many of you are probably aware. I also love the KC fog and headlights, there is really no comparison to stock at all. The fog lights alone are brighter then the stock headlights.
Photo Nov 25, 1 28 08 PM.jpg
I have also been thinking on a name since every jeep needs a name. I am leaning towards Gobi-One-Kenobi. I like it and I think its fitting.

Top Bottom