How do You Feel About AI?

How do you feel about AI?

• AI is absolutely amazing and I love everything about it!

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I see a lot of benefits to AI but I am a little concerned about how it'll affect jobs.

Votes: 10 35.7%
  • AI is bound to become self-aware and I'm terrified.

Votes: 11 39.3%
  • eh, whatever - I couldn't care one way or another about AI.

Votes: 7 25.0%

• Total voters

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Obviously, things like ChatGPT have been around for a while now and artificial intelligence or AI is not only here to stay, it's here to dominate everything. Just recently, I've had a chance to play with new AI functions in things like Photoshop and I gotta say, while it isn't perfect, it's pretty damn good at generating completely new images out of nothing and what's really shocking, is that it did it in just seconds. That said, I was wondering how do you guys feel about this brave new world we're heading into.

#artificialintelligence #chatgpt

Last edited:

WJCO

Meme King
I think when used for good, it's helpful and efficient. But I see it taking over humans more and more. Hard to even get a human on the phone with customer service issues in so many places.

kbp810

Caught the Bug
Conflicted... there are potential benefits, and I've even dabbled a little into ChatGPT for API integration help; but, has the potential to displace even more real people in the workforce, sometimes it's just creepy, and other times it's useless and/or gives bad information. I also absolutely hate dealing with the virtual chat bots, such an absolute waste of time. "You're looking for help finding your missing shipment? Well, here's your order status that you've already seen and is of no help to you... is there anything else I can help you with? Help with your missing shipment? Sure, once again, here's the same order status you saw before... is there anything else I can help you with? A real person you can chat with? Sorry, I can't help with that, you can ask me things like, what's my order status?".

jeeeep

Hooked
Like everything that was supposed to be "good" about technology (internet), the worst of society will maximize its use to worsen society.

Another thing to be aware of, this one will take a very keen sense of awareness to make sure what you are seeing, hearing or receiving is real.

Last edited:

jeeeep

Hooked
Conflicted... there are potential benefits, and I've even dabbled a little into ChatGPT for API integration help; but, has the potential to displace even more real people in the workforce, sometimes it's just creepy, and other times it's useless and/or gives bad information. I also absolutely hate dealing with the virtual chat bots, such an absolute waste of time. "You're looking for help finding your missing shipment? Well, here's your order status that you've already seen and is of no help to you... is there anything else I can help you with? Help with your missing shipment? Sure, once again, here's the same order status you saw before... is there anything else I can help you with? A real person you can chat with? Sorry, I can't help with that, you can ask me things like, what's my order status?".
I hate these fucking systems with a passion, more walls (brought to you by the people that hate walls) to block the end user from resolving issues.

jesse3638

Hooked
Ever seen Terminator 2 Judgement Day....haha.

Not real sure now I feel about it just yet. Also I'm pretty uninformed on it so until I learn more about it I can't take sides.

Spazbyt

Hooked
Oh, I love AI it's the best!
Psst, keep your voices down! "It's" reading this shit in the not so distant future so unless you want a fucking T1000 teleporting from the future into your living room it would behoove you to buy a Cj5 and stash a lot of guns in the desert. Don't wait for my signal you'll know when it's time.
Uh yeah, so anyways uh ChatGPT is going to revolutionize everything so very, very soon. I can't wait.

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
I get the image aspect... but can you explain a little more about what ChatGPT is?
It's an artificial intelligence that you can ask, in plain simple English to answer just about any question you can think of or tell it to write just about anything. Let your imagination go wild and it will come up with really good information, pages of it if you want and within seconds.

Spazbyt

Hooked
I get the image aspect... but can you explain a little more about what ChatGPT is?
Basically, it's capable of very deep conversations. It draws from an unimaginable amount of data to form its responses to you.
For example. You can ask it to write a script for a movie and will crank it out in seconds.
You can then further ask it to refine any detail about the entire script it just wrote.
For example, you can then ask it to make the villain a AI controlled robot from the future and it will basically instantly change the entire script around your request.
Recently, a variant of ChatGBT just passed The Bar exam with zero input from a human. they basically just fed it the test and it answered the questions.
But it's great! Remember?!...

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
I think when used for good, it's helpful and efficient. But I see it taking over humans more and more. Hard to even get a human on the phone with customer service issues in so many places.
Honestly, things like customer service is the least of what AI can do and maybe the most benign. At the moment, AI can do things like write entire working programs for just about anything by people who know absolutely nothing about coding or programming. I think you need to be thinking much much bigger about what AI can do right now.

Spazbyt

Hooked
Every year Sony has the "Sony world photography awards" The winner this year has won the contest 2 times in the past the only difference is this year he never took a photo it was completely AI generated. He only admitted it after he was awarded 1st place to prove that AI is a very real threat to the arts.

Brute

Hooked
Every year Sony has the "Sony world photography awards" The winner this year has won the contest 2 times in the past the only difference is this year he never took a photo it was completely AI generated. He only admitted it after he was awarded 1st place to prove that AI is a very real threat to the arts.
AI was the focal point in the Writers strike in Hollywood...

Spazbyt

Hooked
Honestly, things like customer service is the least of what AI can do and maybe the most benign. At the moment, AI can do things like write entire working programs for just about anything by people who know absolutely nothing about coding or programming. I think you need to be thinking much much bigger about what AI can do right now.
In the CNC machineing world we started off by programming everything in nothing but thousands of lines of code. Then we got conversational programs that would take what we draw and make the code for us. I imagine AI will allow us to simply explain what we want and it will create the code instantly. I'm sure software coding is in a very similar position. Imagine being able to create a phone APP by only explaining what you want the APP to do.

Top Bottom