How Many Times have you been Pulled Over in Your Jeep?

kevman65

Hooked
Totally blew it and forgot to take a pic but probably because I knew I was in for a ticket. Was jamming in our Gladiator along a very remote stretch of Nevada highway and in an area where there are a lot of small hills. And, just as I crested one, I could see in the far distance on top of the next hill, what looked like a state trooper. Even though I killed my cruise control as soon as I saw him and started to slow down, his lights went on and so, I just pulled over. Soon after he caught up to me, he circled around to get behind me, got out of his Explorer, walked up to my window and the first thing he said was, "good lord, how big are your tires?!" After we both laughed a bit, I responded and then he proceeded to tell me how fast he got me at. He then thanked me for pulling over so quickly. He asked for my license and went back to his Explorer and when he came back, he asked if I had my cruise control set. After I confirmed as much, he smiled and asked if I had a chance to calibrate my speedometer for my tires - as in, he was looking for a way to let me off. Of course, I stupid me just told him the truth, that I had and that this was all on me - my cruise was set at 81. After giving me a look like, "hey dumb ass, I'm trying to help out you here", he let me know that this was a bad place to be driving as fast as I was, especially with all the hills and then he went so far as to tell me what I should of had my cruise set at (which was still pretty fast) in order to not get pulled over in the future. And, long story short... the very nice trooper let me off :oops: Man, you should have seen the look on Cindy's face! But, I'm sure it looked about the same as mine! 🤪

Anyway, I'll count this experience as a Christmas gift to me! 😁
Had your yoga pants on, didn't you........

OverlanderJK

Resident Smartass
Totally blew it and forgot to take a pic but probably because I knew I was in for a ticket. Was jamming in our Gladiator along a very remote stretch of Nevada highway and in an area where there are a lot of small hills. And, just as I crested one, I could see in the far distance on top of the next hill, what looked like a state trooper. Even though I killed my cruise control as soon as I saw him and started to slow down, his lights went on and so, I just pulled over. Soon after he caught up to me, he circled around to get behind me, got out of his Explorer, walked up to my window and the first thing he said was, "good lord, how big are your tires?!" After we both laughed a bit, I responded and then he proceeded to tell me how fast he got me at. He then thanked me for pulling over so quickly. He asked for my license and went back to his Explorer and when he came back, he asked if I had my cruise control set. After I confirmed as much, he smiled and asked if I had a chance to calibrate my speedometer for my tires - as in, he was looking for a way to let me off. Of course, I stupid me just told him the truth, that I had and that this was all on me - my cruise was set at 81. After giving me a look like, "hey dumb ass, I'm trying to help out you here", he let me know that this was a bad place to be driving as fast as I was, especially with all the hills and then he went so far as to tell me what I should of had my cruise set at (which was still pretty fast) in order to not get pulled over in the future. And, long story short... the very nice trooper let me off :oops: Man, you should have seen the look on Cindy's face! But, I'm sure it looked about the same as mine! 🤪

He should have given you a ticket for your poor responses lol

CD2

Caught the Bug
No sway bars on a lifted XJ......pulled over for going "fast" a few times.
Proly caught their eye w body roll and they thought an excuse to look for other.
All legal, did the routine, no tickets.

Wow! That’s a fantastic Christmas gift!

Top Bottom