How necessary is the rear sway bar?

dwvninety

Hi guys a few of my buddies buddies from work, that work in the cafeteria in the 2nd building opposite of my bosses building, across the street near the car wash beside 7 Eleven said that running without rear sway-bars causes no issues. Can you guys confirm it?

rogerk93

^^^ hahaha I just removed my front and rear sway bar to grease the bushing because they were squeaking and the front sway bar is easily 3x the size and weight. So I highly doubt it is going to limit any flex

ScoobyCarolanNC

Yo. Junkyard 1ton swaybars are the best you dynatrac Evo fanboys. Anybody wants buy my d30? $1800 I promise it's straight as fuck and sleeved and gusseted. ;-) I'll even throw in a dick magnet & invite to the Hawaii only version of the WAYALIFE app.

dwvninety

Yo. Junkyard 1ton swaybars are the best you dynatrac Evo fanboys. Anybody wants buy my d30? $1800 I promise it's straight as fuck and sleeved and gusseted. ;-) I'll even throw in a dick magnet & invite to the Hawaii only version of the WAYALIFE app.

Sweeet do you take EBT?

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
I have no rear sway bar. No different

I have a rear sway bar. No different in terms when it comes to flex but I sure do have a lot more stability when it comes to sudden maneuvering and on really off camber situations. Of course, there's no way I would no that being that I'm just a web wheeler :yup:

Clifford33

Caught the Bug
My buddy has no rear sway bar on his jeep and to be honest it handles like Crap haha trust me it's definitely there for a reason I wouldn't take it out.

hhunter050

I have a rear sway bar. No different in terms when it comes to flex but I sure do have a lot more stability when it comes to sudden maneuvering and on really off camber situations. Of course, there's no way I would no that being that I'm just a web wheeler :yup:

Yeah you are definitely a Web Wheeler lol I mainly took mine off cause I broke it but it really didn't seem to drive different imo. Are you still running the stock rear sway bar?

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Yeah you are definitely a Web Wheeler lol I mainly took mine off cause I broke it but it really didn't seem to drive different imo. Are you still running the stock rear sway bar?

Yep, still running the thin and very flexible rear sway bar. In the photo below, you can see just how much it's limiting the flex on my EVO DTD's that provide 14" of vertical travel. Pay no attention to the limiting strap that is taught as it's clearly just an illusion being that you could never get this much flex with a sway bar still on.

main.php

I typically reconnect my front sway bar just to help give me a bit more stability when bombing through the desert - I couldn't imagine trying to do that without a rear sway bar but then, I'm sure I suck as a driver.

rogerk93

Yep, still running the thin and very flexible rear sway bar. In the photo below, you can see just how much it's limiting the flex on my EVO DTD's that provide 14" of vertical travel. Pay no attention to the limiting strap that is taught as it's clearly just an illusion being that you could never get this much flex with a sway bar still on.

main.php

I typically reconnect my front sway bar just to help give me a bit more stability when bombing through the desert - I couldn't imagine trying to do that without a rear sway bar but then, I'm sure I suck as a driver.

That is one sexy undercarriage

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
:cheesy: why thank you :crazyeyes:

I should note that you can NOT do this with a Currie Antirock. The torsion bar it has is a rate that is way too high and it WILL limit your flex. You can only do this with a factory rear sway bar.

Top Bottom