How to rock-crawl a LR3

CerOf

Hey, I'm excited to see him out there!!

I'd love to see someone post a video of a JK doing the same rock. Would make for great comparisons.

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Hey, I'm excited to see him out there!!

I'd love to see someone post a video of a JK doing the same rock. Would make for great comparisons.

FWIW, I'm with you and think it's great that guys like this are out there doing this, I just wish someone would have done a little editing :)

MTG

Caught the Bug
Oh good lord! Please go back to the test "trail" located at the local dealer.

JAGS

Hooked
I realize most of our built rigs cost more than an LR3, but I don't think I'd wheel a stock LR3 on any rocks to need sliders. I'd much rather have a stock 12+ Rubi. Save a ton of $$$ and options for a ton more fun.

But a stock Rubi doesn't have the same Clout as a LR3 at the soccer field and albertsons.

NFRs2000NYC

Caught the Bug
I realize most of our built rigs cost more than an LR3, but I don't think I'd wheel a stock LR3 on any rocks to need sliders. I'd much rather have a stock 12+ Rubi. Save a ton of $$$ and options for a ton more fun.

But a stock Rubi doesn't have the same Clout as a LR3 at the soccer field and albertsons.

A stock rubi would walk that no problem. Go home land rover, you're drunk.

CerOf

A stock rubi would walk that no problem. Go home land rover, you're drunk.

Maybe a 2-door.....but let's face it, us JKU folks drive a small bus. I'd wager we'd high center. Lockers might be able to grab where we could then scrape over it...

Any one in CA got a video of their JK, stock or otherwise, on that same rock?

I'm honestly curios. Perhaps blasphemy, but I don't think a stock JKU could do it and think a JKU rubi may with some scraping.

What do you all honestly think, putting aside your bias?

Speeddmn

You should always try to find the worlds smallest rock to help aid traction! Oh and stand in front a vehicle while pulling... Dumbass!

David1tontj

Maybe a 2-door.....but let's face it, us JKU folks drive a small bus. I'd wager we'd high center. Lockers might be able to grab where we could then scrape over it...

Any one in CA got a video of their JK, stock or otherwise, on that same rock?

I'm honestly curios. Perhaps blasphemy, but I don't think a stock JKU could do it and think a JKU rubi may with some scraping.

What do you all honestly think, putting aside your bias?

A jku could do it, and he could've done it too. He just needed a little momentum to slide the rear wheels up onto that rock.

All depends on the driver, and how much skinny pedal they are willing to use.

Tachyon

I could do that in ANY rental car. I owned a LR3, and a Discovery 2, and a Discovery 1. They are 10X the Wrangler on-road, but the Wrangler is 10X the Rover off-road. I have way more fun with my Wrangler...especially considering it pulls double duty as a door-less convertible in the summer.

CerOf

A jku could do it, and he could've done it too. He just needed a little momentum to slide the rear wheels up onto that rock.

All depends on the driver, and how much skinny pedal they are willing to use.

I agree, bumping it up would have worked. What do you think if a jku tried to go "easy" like the lr3? Highcentered right?

Come on Cali folks, someone has to be close to this place, grab a quick video....?

Top Bottom