Hydraulic Assist Question (on highway)

okay now it makes more sense, you're dealing with the same thing I dealt with after I had my PSC installed. on mine I did find places where the hose was leaking but in the end PSC ended up giving me a different pump with a larger pulley that was also ported to flow more at lower speeds which also fixed the issue at higher speeds

I think I'm just ordering a PSC pump and reservoir today. As I mentioned the main reason I've been reluctant is me not wanting to run a CAI.

CrazyLarry

Just wanted to give you an update. I reinstalled my ram on weds night. Ive been bleeding the system here and there since. The steering has not gotten loose so im assuming their was air in the system last time. I will admitt I was a little quick in bleeding the system last time and didnt take my time. Before you go dropping money on a new pump, res and ram (you will need a new 1.75 ram btw) bleed the hell out of your system. Do the initial bleed which is pouring fluid in your res and cycling the steering with the engine off. This is just to get all the fluid in your system (about 2 quarts). Make sure the two fittings on the ram are loose. This will help get air out. Once the fluid level stops bubbling while turning (slowly or you will overflow) tighten the fittings on the ram and start the engine let it run a few minutes (do not turn!) and make sure the cap is off. This is the point I stopped for the night and simply left the cap off overnight with the passenger side jacked up so the res is the highest point. That will gravity bleed the system a bit and I must say I got out a big air bubble out that way. The next morning (yesterday) I started the engine with the cap off for another 5 minutes (do not turn!). I waited a half hour went back out started it up again this time turning 10 cycles with tires off the ground (do not turn all the way to your steering stops). After letting it sit another half hour I went back out put it on the ground and did another 10 cycles. Make sure all the fittings are tight and dont leak. My jeep is driving great right now but if anything changes ill be sure to update. I know this sounds tedious and im sure many people do it differently but these systems need proper bleeding for them to work correctly and im pretty anal about my steering. Im at work right now with my jeep outside with the cap off haha.

Top Bottom