Hydro Assist

Benito

Caught the Bug
I am running the XD60s with the 1550 knuckles, so there is no flip for the drag link. But I am running the stock drag link and I wonder if I am getting flex there because it is pretty small...The track bar bracket is what comes on the 60. The rig drives straight on smooth road when I let go of the wheel, but it's almost like there is a dead spot in center of the steering.

Which steering box/hydro combo are you running? I have a buddy that has the XDII box non ported and he had a dead spot, he tightened the screw that is on top of the sector shaft and it resolved his issue, he probably only tightened an 1/8th of a turn if not less. Prior to tightening the adjustment, we were certain he was having issues with the synergy draglink, turning 40s with the XDII we could see that the dranglink would absorb some of the force at the bend(it would bend more), we changed it with my old yeti that I had lying around and it didn’t bend but he still had the dead spot while driving. I on the other hand, have the XDII ported and hydro and haven’t had any issues with my highsteer setup

Last edited:

PEACEMAKER1

Which steering box/hydro combo are you running? I have a buddy that has the XDII box non ported and he had a dead spot, he tightened the screw that is on top of the sector shaft and it resolved his issue, he probably only tightened an 1/8th of a turn if not less. Prior to tightening the adjustment, we were certain he was having issues with the synergy draglink, turning 40s with the XDII we could see that the dranglink would absorb some of the force at the bend(it would bend more), we changed it with my old yeti that I had lying around and it didn’t bend but he still had the dead spot while driving. I on the other hand, have the XDII ported and hydro and haven’t had any issues with my highsteer setup

I am just running the stock steering box. but this is great info for when I do get around to upgrading. I have looked at everything from steering wheel to wheels and everything in between. The only thing I can identify that may be causing my issue are the ends on my drag link. I think I see some very little play in the pitman arm joint which I am guessing translates to what I feel in the wheel. I am going to try and tighten more tomorrow and see if it helps.

BaddestCross

Okay thanks for the input. I will check it tomorrow. I was thinking it might be the drag link joints. Do you recommend any particular drag link if I were going to upgrade?
Personally, I run the Currie Currectlync drag link and track bar (the $500 kit, not the $1200 kit) and am very happy with the quality... I'm sure others will chime in with more options. 😎

--
Build Thread - Adventures of Fiona - https://wayalife.com/showthread.php?t=47407

The whining noise ended up being my alternator and not my steering pump....figured it out when I smelled it when I stopped at an errand. Got back in and no power...battery was dead as could be. Put in a new battery and started smelling the burning smell again. Removed the engine cover and the alternator was smoking. Appears it fused on the inside for some reason and was just constantly pulling from the battery

EC37D785-235D-44D9-A873-C326B03390F4.jpg

Jsouder53

Hooked
The whining noise ended up being my alternator and not my steering pump....figured it out when I smelled it when I stopped at an errand. Got back in and no power...battery was dead as could be. Put in a new battery and started smelling the burning smell again. Removed the engine cover and the alternator was smoking. Appears it fused on the inside for some reason and was just constantly pulling from the battery

View attachment 316046

Sorry to hear that! Glad you figured it out though

PEACEMAKER1

View attachment 316046

Dang! Glad you found that out before it got any worse!

RockinAZJK

Caught the Bug
I run the Redneck Ram Box & lines with a PSC Ram that I bought scratch and dent (had a scratch in the paint that had been touched up already). I love that I can turn the wheel no matter what. But I have to say that it is a bit slow to turn, and if I turn the wheel in one direction I can’t quickly throw it the other direction. So basically if im needing to turn quick and tight in parking lots or the jeep goes into a drift I have no steering control. Been considering adding the PSC pump and hoping it helps. Almost makes me wish I didn’t have hydro until I hit the rocks or have to parallel park

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

zimm

Caught the Bug
I have no issues parking, and I do that several times a day. I have the full kit and also upgraded to the $60 hose that goes from the pump to the box. That made a slight increase when I'm cranking the wheel quickly for parking maneuvers.

RockinAZJK

Caught the Bug
I have no issues parking, and I do that several times a day. I have the full kit and also upgraded to the $60 hose that goes from the pump to the box. That made a slight increase when I'm cranking the wheel quickly for parking maneuvers.

I’m definitely thinking I’ll have to try the pump and that upgraded hose. I’d love the big bore box but I’d rather not have that expense if I can help it and I’d have to get a new track bar as mine is already damn close to my sector shaft at full stuff

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

Top Bottom