Hydro steering bleeding

Jackal01

My issue is that it is like having no power steering at all turning the wheel right but I can turn it left with one finger. Sitting on my garage floor I can’t even turn it at all without moving.

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app
Right. I understand. Just giving my situation. I really have no idea what yours could be caused by other than the couple theories already stated.

Jkzinger

Caught the Bug
Right. I understand. Just giving my situation. I really have no idea what yours could be caused by other than the couple theories already stated.

No problem! When I turn it left it is really quick to turn so I hope I won’t have any lag issues once we figure out this right turn issue!

Jkzinger

Caught the Bug
what type of fluid are you using in the system?

are they sending out a new steering box?

Used power steering fluid. He said to remove the ram and cap the box. Then try it to see what it does. If that doesn’t work then I am gonna pull it off and send it in for them to check out.

Jackal01

I've been using ATF4 per WTOR. Once I get the PSC pump and resi installed and everything dialed in I may switch to Swepco. The idea of carrying one more fluid isn't appealing though. Plus it's not easy to find in a pinch.

jeeeep

Hooked
I've been using ATF4 per WTOR. Once I get the PSC pump and resi installed and everything dialed in I may switch to Swepco. The idea of carrying one more fluid isn't appealing though. Plus it's not easy to find in a pinch.

I have swepco in mine but topped it off with power steering fluid when I had a leak recently, seams to be ok so far - about a month now. but i'll be flushing when I redo the hose.

I ran power steering fluid in my psc pump before i swapped to swepco, have to admit the swepco does seem to operate a smoother

jeeeep

Hooked
Used power steering fluid. He said to remove the ram and cap the box. Then try it to see what it does. If that doesn’t work then I am gonna pull it off and send it in for them to check out.

It's actually the other way around. Stock pump uses ATF +4. Power steering fluid kills the seals. Only use PS Fluid if you swap to a PSC pump fyi

Sent from my ONEPLUS A3000 using WAYALIFE mobile app

the pump on the 2010 can use either Power Steering Fluid +4 or Mopar ATF+4

the power steering fluid has to be the +4 or it will cause issues.

Jkzinger

Caught the Bug
Pulled the ram and hoses this morning and capped the ports. Same issue. Doesn’t want to turn right when sitting on the ground. It will turn fine when on jackstands. It is not getting enough power assist when turning right.

Top Bottom