Hydroassist question

fiend

Caught the Bug
You can get a dual pass Derale cooler cheaper on Summitt Racing or other sites. The ones on the PSC site are single pass only.

This is the dual pass I have: https://www.summitracing.com/parts/der-13260

The dual pass has both hoses coming out of the same end. Depending on your application and placement, that could be more or less convenient than having hoses at the opposite ends. For me, at least, the latter worked better.

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

dillard09

I dont run a cooler on mine. Dont have trouble turning the 40s even when hot. It does whine a bit when its hotter. I'm sure I could benefit from a cooler but dont think one is required.

Ddays

Hooked
The dual pass has both hoses coming out of the same end. Depending on your application and placement, that could be more or less convenient than having hoses at the opposite ends. For me, at least, the latter worked better.

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

True. Honestly I wonder how much more the dual pass cools over the single. Sounded more better.
In my case the install was pretty simple. I just ordered some extra hose & spliced it in. Not sure how the redneck ram connections are situated in relation to the psc ram.

POOJEEP

I run a redneck ram system, but have had my hands in some of the different systems. My back ground a mechanic in heavy machinery absolutely loves a cooler for hydraulics. However with most machinery systems they have a thermostat system to heat up the oil for quicker operation and working temps. Hydraulics steering or other wise don't like too cold and don't like too hot, different oils can help to some degree (see what I did there lol) but for longevity of components a cooler should really depend on when and what temps you will operate in. I have noticed lots of psc pump failures usually attributed to one of two causes. 1: A loose fitting causing air to get in the system and create cavitation, or 2: Seems to be systems with the coolers when operating in the winter pumps blowing seals out from working to hard from pushing cold oil. I personally do not run a cooler, and have removed the coolers from a few setup s and have never seen any issues after removing the coolers. Just my experiences though

I run a redneck ram system, but have had my hands in some of the different systems. My back ground a mechanic in heavy machinery absolutely loves a cooler for hydraulics. However with most machinery systems they have a thermostat system to heat up the oil for quicker operation and working temps. Hydraulics steering or other wise don't like too cold and don't like too hot, different oils can help to some degree (see what I did there lol) but for longevity of components a cooler should really depend on when and what temps you will operate in. I have noticed lots of psc pump failures usually attributed to one of two causes. 1: A loose fitting causing air to get in the system and create cavitation, or 2: Seems to be systems with the coolers when operating in the winter pumps blowing seals out from working to hard from pushing cold oil. I personally do not run a cooler, and have removed the coolers from a few setup s and have never seen any issues after removing the coolers. Just my experiences though

Interesting, I just upgraded from my redneck ram to a PSC system with their pump, box, and reservoir but it didn’t come with a cooler. I was looking at adding one but now I’m thinking maybe better to not.

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE

Weebz

Caught the Bug
Anybody know where I can get some mud-alignment spacers for my ram? The bracket on my axle is about 1.5” which leaves me about .75” play. I can’t seem to find any small enough to split that gap.

Ddays

Hooked
Anybody know where I can get some mud-alignment spacers for my ram? The bracket on my axle is about 1.5” which leaves me about .75” play. I can’t seem to find any small enough to split that gap.

My dense AARP mind is having trouble visualizing what you have. Pic?

Weebz

Caught the Bug
My dense AARP mind is having trouble visualizing what you have. Pic?

First of all it should say mis-alignment, not mid. Lol

Pic attached.

Attachments

• 9DEEDF13-AEF3-450F-9E7D-67A8C878696E.jpeg
    9DEEDF13-AEF3-450F-9E7D-67A8C878696E.jpeg
    52.3 KB · Views: 93

wjtstudios

Hooked
First of all it should say mis-alignment, not mid. Lol

Pic attached.

I had to make my in for my last set. I this set I moved it up to clear and got the spacing right. I a an extra set of weld on brackets if you want them. I’ll take a picture when I get back from church.

2015 JKUR AEV JK350
1985 CJ8 Scrambler

Weebz

Caught the Bug
I had to make my in for my last set. I this set I moved it up to clear and got the spacing right. I a an extra set of weld on brackets if you want them. I’ll take a picture when I get back from church.

2015 JKUR AEV JK350
1985 CJ8 Scrambler

All good. I appreciate it though. I was hoping to just find a spacer if I don’t have to move the bracket. I’m guessing by the time I get track bars and it into the shop for final tune I’ll already be heading down a suspension path and need
To have things moved anyway.

Ddays

Hooked

2015 JKUR AEV JK350
1985 CJ8 Scrambler

Were you texting during the Sermon?

wjtstudios

Hooked
All good. I appreciate it though. I was hoping to just find a spacer if I don’t have to move the bracket. I’m guessing by the time I get track bars and it into the shop for final tune I’ll already be heading down a suspension path and need
To have things moved anyway.

Just for reference, this is where mine ended up.

IMG_2788.jpg

IMG_2789.jpg

2015 JKUR AEV JK350
1985 CJ8 Scrambler

kyle521

So is the general consensus to go with a single pass or dual pass cooler? How have people been mounting the dual pass cooler? Single pass seams straight forward to mount but might have to get creative with the dual pass. My reservoir is right over the headers where PSC recommends it so it seems to be heating up pretty good. I was planning on adding a cooler and some insulation to the reservoir.

https://www.amazon.com/Derale-13249...+power+steering+cooler&qid=1591812338&sr=8-17

https://www.amazon.com/Derale-13260...+power+steering+cooler&qid=1591812426&sr=8-13

Top Bottom