I am Still having ISSUES need help!!!! 2015 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
You said you had to have your JK jumped? As in your battery was not strong enough to start your jeep? Just throwing it out there. but is it possible that you have bad or faulty battery (or something else faulty in the charging system)?

A lot of times, what happens is that the negative lead will work itself free if the compression nut isn't installed correctly or something is placed in between it and the clamp like an accessory ring terminal. This will make it so that your dash lights up and will even kill your motor. The process of hooking jumper cables to the battery alone is sometimes enough to give the pressure needed to the terminal to start the Jeep and that gives the false impression that the battery was dead.

cozdude

Guy with a Red 2-Door
A lot of times, what happens is that the negative lead will work itself free if the compression nut isn't installed correctly or something is placed in between it and the clamp like an accessory ring terminal. This will make it so that your dash lights up and will even kill your motor. The process of hooking jumper cables to the battery alone is sometimes enough to give the pressure needed to the terminal to start the Jeep and that gives the false impression that the battery was dead.

Yup this^^ and when you go to tighten down your terminals you only want them to be tight enough that you can't wiggle the wire on the post, so they should be snug, not gorilla tight

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

Stomper Herb 74

Awesome!!! Thank you all for your help, its very much appreciated!!! [emoji5] [emoji5] [emoji5] ... WAL rocks!!!

Now if I post some good things about Eddie will that kill Eddie's bad ass or bad boy image because he's not getting free parts!!! [emoji13] [emoji13] [emoji13] [emoji13] [emoji13] ... LOL ... Much [emoji173] [emoji173] [emoji173] for you Eddie!! Love your work.

On a side note...

I got my WAL decal came in last week but the "A" came off during the install [emoji20] [emoji20] [emoji20] ... i have to order another one...

Sent from my SM-G935V using WAYALIFE mobile app

Ddays

Hooked
The difference between a technician & a salesman...

A technician will tell you the value of pi is 3.14159.

A salesman will tell you the value of pi is 3.14159, but he can get it for you at 3...

LOL! Hey, wait, I resemble that last remark.....:thinking:

Stomper Herb 74

Quick update

I tell the dealer (service writer) what was mentioned here and his look was worse than the stick figure. Also his response was the information given to you is wrong. A code must be present.

There was an aftermarket something that was put on the Jeep then removed. The dealer couldn't tell me what that aftermarket part was. This particular dealer relies heavily on their scanners than actually doing mechanic work!

cozdude

Guy with a Red 2-Door
Quick update

I tell the dealer (service writer) what was mentioned here and his look was worse than the stick figure. Also his response was the information given to you is wrong. A code must be present.

There was an aftermarket something that was put on the Jeep then removed. The dealer couldn't tell me what that aftermarket part was. This particular dealer relies heavily on their scanners than actually doing mechanic work!

:cheesy: it doesn't always throw a code! What a dumbass. Take your jeep back and just look at the terminal yourself.

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

Top Bottom