I could use some help setting up EVO bolt on coilovers

This isn't going to keep you from going on the trip, is it?

Uh, heck no. I just hate that i can't figure it out. I'm gonna rotate the tires and see if the problem moves, if not I'll drive it till it breaks then say, hey there's the problem right there! :)

Sent from my VS980 4G using WAYALIFE mobile app

Might be dumb but did you check the bolts of everything else? Did you touch any of the brakes? I hope you figure this out man.

I already had new brakelines, i did remove the rear calipers. I'm going to check over everything again tomorrow. Thanks, you never know, I could have missed something.

Have you tired disconnecting the front ds and seeing if the noise is still there?

Gonna do that tomorrow too. The ds only has 1000 miles on it and hardly no angle, but you never know. I lowered the jeep another 1/2 inch tonight, gonna drive it in the morning and see. Thanks

Update,
I removed my front driveshaft during lunch and the noise/vibration is gone. With that being said, what can in do to correct this issue?
I am current at 3.5 caster, and close to 3" of lift and still had vibration with the front driveshaft installed. I would like to get back to 4 caster for better on road handling again and 3.5 of lift. Shouldn't that be possible without any vibrations and noise with a 4.10 ratio, 1350 coast DS, and a factory D44 front axle? I know you need the pinion yoke and DS to be as straight as possible with each when running a CV style DS, but I hear others are running this type of setup with zero issues and higher lift. Could I have a bad DS from coast?

Update,
I removed my front driveshaft during lunch and the noise/vibration is gone. With that being said, what can in do to correct this issue?
I am current at 3.5 caster, and close to 3" of lift and still had vibration with the front driveshaft installed. I would like to get back to 4 caster for better on road handling again and 3.5 of lift. Shouldn't that be possible without any vibrations and noise with a 4.10 ratio, 1350 coast DS, and a factory D44 front axle? I know you need the pinion yoke and DS to be as straight as possible with each when running a CV style DS, but I hear others are running this type of setup with zero issues and higher lift. Could I have a bad DS from coast?

maybe the shaft needs to be rebalance? have you checked the joints?

Yes, the joints have right around 1000 miles on them.
None of the weights are knocked off.

Update,

You say you have a coast 1350, did you get it with a replacement yoke or with flange adapter? If you have the later, I ran that setup and had nothing but problems when it comes to vibrations.

You say you have a coast 1350, did you get it with a replacement yoke or with flange adapter? If you have the later, I ran that setup and had nothing but problems when it comes to vibrations.
It was sent with a yoke for the axle and transfer case.

What would you recommend I do or get if I have yokes on both ends to fix the vibration?

Okay, if you got replacement yokes and still have vibration, your best bet is to try and get your caster back down to a solid +4°. If you still have vibrations, I would try getting the shaft rebalanced even if all looks good.

Okay, if you got replacement yokes and still have vibration, your best bet is to try and get your caster back down to a solid +4°. If you still have vibrations, I would try getting the shaft rebalanced even if all looks good.

Will do, Thanks Eddie!

I called Coast and they are going to pay to have my driveshaft shipped back to them so they can go through and make sure it's right! That is what customer service should be all about. I'm very impressed with their response so far. Thank u Bill from Coast

Top Bottom