I couldn't stay jeepless

Bierpower

Hooked
Just got off the phone with insurance. They upped my value from $13k to $25k so things are looking better. It is still considered a total loss but it's a good time to lock myself in the garage and do some work.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using WAYALIFE mobile app

Bierpower

Hooked
So after some looking through the numbers and a good look over on the jeep I decided to let the insurance company take it. The Jeep didn't have power windows or lock, and ever since I put the LS in it had an oil leak, an exhaust leak, and a coolant leak. Got the coolant leak sorted but found that I needed a heater core. On top of all of that the frame is bent up pretty bad. The body has some major tweaks and the front axle is broken in two.

Long story short, I've been looking for replacements online and found a few good candidates for what I want.

I started going through the eBay again adding engines to my watch list. Low and behold on Saturday I got a "discount offer" for one of the products I was watching. Call me a sucker but 35% off was just too good to pass up so this happened.
Screenshot_20200323-091456~2.jpg

WJCO

Meme King
So after some looking through the numbers and a good look over on the jeep I decided to let the insurance company take it. The Jeep didn't have power windows or lock, and ever since I put the LS in it had an oil leak, an exhaust leak, and a coolant leak. Got the coolant leak sorted but found that I needed a heater core. On top of all of that the frame is bent up pretty bad. The body has some major tweaks and the front axle is broken in two.

Long story short, I've been looking for replacements online and found a few good candidates for what I want.

I started going through the eBay again adding engines to my watch list. Low and behold on Saturday I got a "discount offer" for one of the products I was watching. Call me a sucker but 35% off was just too good to pass up so this happened.

Wow. Congrats. That will be sweet.

Bierpower

Hooked
That’s a change in direction. That 10 speed is going to be awesome!

2015 JKUR AEV JK350
1985 CJ8 Scrambler
The way I see it, this will get a Jeep back on the road soon while I scrape up the funds for the swap kit. Also, over 6,000' even the LS with the 6 speed was a little doggy. Far and above better than stock but not as great as I imagined it being in my head.

WJCO

Meme King
I've been kicking around whether I want to get an '11 or another '07-'10. I do like the updated interior but not a huge fan of the price premium for some new shaped plastic.

I know a guy selling a white 2011. It's even got that awesome Dana 30 front axle that everyone has been talking about for years.

Got the Jeep back to the house on Saturday morning. Didn't really have time to mess with it Saturday but today I got to pulling some crap off of it.

View attachment 343133
Got the front bumper pulled off and all ready to go on Craigslist. "Good condition but shows some signs of wear"

Also cut the lower cross member off because it was pushed back into the sway bar.

View attachment 343134
View attachment 343136
View attachment 343137
View attachment 343135
A few shots of the frame horns now that the bumper is off. Found a kink in the frame on the inside of the passenger front body mount (you can see the sway bar mount at the bottom of the frame rail). Shouldn't be too big of a deal. Next step will be to pull the axle tube together and weld it up so I can roll it around.

Side job
View attachment 343138
Got a 240 outlet wired in for the welder today.

Your positive attitude is admirable, man! That said, I’m glad you’re getting to start fresh. It’s always awesome to get to make decisions a LITTLE bit different to make it exactly how you want based on previous experience. And plus dude, that frame was HAMMERED.

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE

Strodinator

Caught the Bug
You and I are pretty much doing the exact same thing. I'm doing my LS swap right this time. That's why my frame is on jack stands and my body is on a cherry picker. Hopefully this ends up being the last time we redo a swap [emoji23]
I'm hoping so. I went more of the cheap DIY direction on the last one but this time I know what I want and am taking the time to get there right.

Sent from my SM-G960W using WAYALIFE mobile app

Top Bottom