I couldn't stay jeepless

Bierpower

Hooked
Got an itch and dropped the transfer case last night.
IMG_20180629_203048.jpg

Also pulled the steering wheel so I can do a cruise control upgrade. Road trips are no fun without cruise.
IMG_20180629_203033.jpg

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using WAYALIFE mobile app

Bierpower

Hooked
I wish I had a 6.2 lying around lol. Good luck with the build. Love the color.
Technically it wasn't really laying around. I bought it to put in my 2011 but ended up getting rid of that when the baby came. The engine wasn't selling all together so I figured I would look for a cheaper Jeep to stuff it in. But it did end up working out for the better.

Bierpower

Hooked
Got anxious this weekend and did some more tinkering. Got the cruise control installed.
IMG_20180707_213503.jpg
Pulled the engine, transmission and transfer case so that I could clean out the engine bay.
IMG_20180707_193347.jpg
IMG_20180707_193356.jpg
Then I spent a few hours cleaning up after the tornando that hit the garage.
IMG_20180707_194629.jpg
Then I washed the whole Jeep because it didn't look like it had been washed in at least 2 years
IMG_20180707_194604.jpg
Good Jeep therapy for Saturday afternoon.

WJCO

Meme King
Got anxious this weekend and did some more tinkering. Got the .....
Good Jeep therapy for Saturday afternoon.

Nice. How long did it take you? Also, what your reason for pulling the intake? I know my motor is different, but just trying to plan ahead for my project.

Bierpower

Hooked
Nice. How long did it take you? Also, what your reason for pulling the intake? I know my motor is different, but just trying to plan ahead for my project.
The guy I got this from had it at a shop and was having the engine swapped but didn't want to spend the money. They had taken a bunch of parts off and that was one of them. The LS has a one piece plastic intake so I left that off for clearance and so it doesn't get cracked.
How cool. The V8 swap for my 07 is on my wish list. I'm not sure I have the confidence to install it myself though.

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app
We'll find out soon if it's confidence or ignorance. I fixed cars for a while so I have the tools and Motech has revised their set up since Eddie did his write up so I have high hopes.

VeruGE*144

Caught the Bug
This is coming along nicely [emoji106]. I wish I will get confident enough and grow balls to do something like this myself one day. And have the tools of course.

Strodinator

Caught the Bug
Be like me and start my swap before I have all the parts, tools, and money I need and still be working on it 9+ months later. I promise it's a blast [emoji106]
This is coming along nicely [emoji106]. I wish I will get confident enough and grow balls to do something like this myself one day. And have the tools of course.

Sent from my PH-1 using Tapatalk

Bierpower

Hooked
Be like me and start my swap before I have all the parts, tools, and money I need and still be working on it 9+ months later. I promise it's a blast [emoji106]

You went all crazy and remade the wiring harness. That adds months of work. I called motech so I can wire in a couple sensors and plug it in. I hate doing wiring, I prefer to just turn wrenches.

Strodinator

Caught the Bug
It honestly came down to money but I really wish I had called them and done that... I'm losing my mind with it.
You went all crazy and remade the wiring harness. That adds months of work. I called motech so I can wire in a couple sensors and plug it in. I hate doing wiring, I prefer to just turn wrenches.

TimsJeep

Nice. Hope to see this in person soon.

I live in Colorado Springs and did my LS3 swap last winter. Used Motech kit, did it with the body on and it was not too bad. If any of you Colorado guys want to see it or drive it, let me know. Happy to say I also did a Gen V 5.3 last winter too. Its here in town and he would be happy to show you that too if you want a comparison. Email me for my info if you want. timscrawler@gmail.com

Bierpower

Hooked
Can't wait to see your build progress! It was a pleasure meeting you the other day Dawg!
I appreciate the parts and I hope to wheel with you soon.

I called motech back on Friday and they said nothing has shipped yet because the 07 gm system takes some extra finagling, but I'm at the head of the list and they are working on it now. I feel like a little kid on Christmas Eve just staring at the tree.

TimsJeep

I appreciate the parts and I hope to wheel with you soon.

I called motech back on Friday and they said nothing has shipped yet because the 07 gm system takes some extra finagling, but I'm at the head of the list and they are working on it now. I feel like a little kid on Christmas Eve just staring at the tree.

Be prepared to wait and wait and keep waiting for Robby and Mitch to send you stuff. They are great guys, but as un organized as can be. They will send you a box and tell you its all there and the one little thing that you really need won't be in the box. Then weeks later they will send you the little part. Its a test of ones patience to work with Motech. I must have called and texted them daily for 3 months straight on both the installs I did last winter. Its painful. However, its worth it. Just don't get too excited until you see all the parts. :)

Top Bottom