I couldn't stay jeepless

jdofmemi

I like the black grill, and the other black you are adding.
It does a good job of breaking up the yellow.

Get the ratio of yellow to black right and it will look great.

Can't wait to see it done

WJCO

Meme King
I prefer the color matched grill more than black myself. Especially with bright colored Jeeps.

Bierpower

Hooked
Nothing major but still tinkering. Made one of the holes for the Evo corner tail light.

Got some goodies from hinrichs today.
IMG_20180905_161942.jpg
Truck-lites and a spiderweb shade

Tomorrow the nut-sert crimper should be in so I can get these corners done.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using WAYALIFE mobile app

Last edited:

Bierpower

Hooked
Got a jump on things today. Started off with swapping out the input shaft on the transfer case.
IMG_20180921_142404.jpg
Once that was back together I mounted the shifter brackets and put the new tail housing on the transmission.
IMG_20180921_164051.jpg
Then I wheeled the engine stand out of the corner and put the new engine mount plates on.
IMG_20180921_164107.jpg
From there I did a lot of shuffling things around. With limited garage space, the 3.8 has been sitting in the jeep so I pulled that out and set it on the floor and mounted the new engine brackets on the Jeep side. I pulled the LS off the stand and torqued the flexplate back on, then set that on the floor. Next I got the transmission on the floor and bolted it back up to the engine. Laid out the new wiring harness on the engine and pulled a bunch of unneeded wiring out of the Jeep. To finish off the night I ran down to the parts store and picked up a couple sensors and seals for tomorrow.

WJCO

Meme King
Got a jump on things today. Started off with swapping out the input shaft on the transfer case.
View attachment 310960
Once that was back together I mounted the shifter brackets and put the new tail housing on the transmission.
View attachment 310961
Then I wheeled the engine stand out of the corner and put the new engine mount plates on.
View attachment 310962
From there I did a lot of shuffling things around. With limited garage space, the 3.8 has been sitting in the jeep so I pulled that out and set it on the floor and mounted the new engine brackets on the Jeep side. I pulled the LS off the stand and torqued the flexplate back on, then set that on the floor. Next I got the transmission on the floor and bolted it back up to the engine. Laid out the new wiring harness on the engine and pulled a bunch of unneeded wiring out of the Jeep. To finish off the night I ran down to the parts store and picked up a couple sensors and seals for tomorrow.

Good luck, man. Your story narrative is giving me flashbacks. Your project is far more involved though. :beer:

Bierpower

Hooked
Good luck, man. Your story narrative is giving me flashbacks. Your project is far more involved though. [emoji481]
It's a little interesting not having any instructions but most of the stuff is well labeled or obvious. Some things, as Robbie said to me, you just have to use your brain. Glad your up and running again.

Bierpower

Hooked
IMG_20180922_085443.jpg
Since this morning I did a lot of adjusting. Most of the day was spent on small details like mounting all of the accessories and running a whole lot of wires all over the place.
IMG_20180922_180840.jpg
It's finally starting to look like a real Jeep. With the engine in and all the accessories bolted on I was able to get the grill bolted on the Jeep for the first time since I bought it.
IMG_20180922_185215.jpg
Got the transfer case hung and all of the transmission mounts installed.
IMG_20180922_205517.jpg
I finally took the time to get the first corner put on. I'm going to try and get the other side done tomorrow.
IMG_20180922_205459.jpg

Top Bottom