I feel like a N00B, but been Jeepin' for three years!

Thorgon

Greetings from the Pacific Northwest, I purchased a 2018 Jeep Rubicon Unlimited 3.6L 4 door about three years ago and have been slowly making mods with the help of my Jeep buddies, Charles, "Fish" and KevinG. These guys have been an amazing resource, Fish was a Millwright for 25+ years, so he is my welder/fabricator and welded a couple of pockets on my rock rails to insert a step that is removeable for rock crawling. I call Charles the wiring guru! Kevin practically installed my Terraflex 2.5" lift with Falcon shocks by himself. He likes to say I "helped" him, but I did the rear shocks and handed him tools! I went with the 10S Warn winch, in fact that was my first mod, then lift and 35" tires, next Poison Spyder bumpers front and rear. We run fire roads here in the northwest and occasionally hit the rock quarries, but I still need to get out to Walker Valley!

I guess now my big dilemma is purchasing 37" beadlocks, I really like the Nitto and Cooper tires, so we'll see who wins out in the end. Anyway, the more I learn the less I feel like I know, so I am super stoked to be able to ask questions on the forum. Eddie. thanks for the add, I have enjoyed your YouTube videos, and it sure seems like your collection has grown a lot since your early videos! Thanks again, Thorgon

Last edited:

WJCO

Meme King
Welcome to wayalife. Personally I love the coopers and have owned 3 sets, but they were purchased by Goodyear recently and within the last 2 years or so, Goodyear has really shown its true colors of being anti-American and anti- police. So, my next set (hopefully soon) will be Nitto.

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
I have to agree with what WJCO said. I've run multiple sets of Cooper STT Pros and have always found them to be good tires that hook up well on the trail. They do chunk but that comes with the softer rubber compound they use. That said, I have ALWAYS found Nitto Trail Grappers to perform great on and off the trail and I have found them to last longer as well. Giving the new ownership of Cooper, it's kind of a no brainer to me now who to go with and why.

Great to have you here BTW

Thorgon

Yeah, Nitto Trail Grapplers seem like a solid choice! We just got about 18" of snow and I have to say that my Falken Wildpeaks killed it in super deep snow, so that is an issue I am grappling with, lol I'm running about 25 psi during this storm. Just need a tire that can run mud and snow well.

For the JL 4 door, -16mm offset and 3.5" back space acceptable (KMC rims) for 37's with the 2.5" Terraflex lift? Thanks, Thor-gon-Jeepin

Last edited:
Welcome! What I can say about my experience with the coopers is that my first set of 37’s were awesome. Balanced a little wonky but, meh didn’t bother me enough to care. When they wore out i was quick to buy another set and that’s where it went to shit. Granted I think I bought my second set after Goodyear had taken over (without knowing any better). Since then I’ve had some KM3’s and have gone back to Nitto Trail grapplers. I ran them in a 35 and 37 and I’m now on 38’s. I will not spend money with any other company period. They’ll have my business for life.

AZVAJKU

Hooked
Welcome to Wayalife from Virginia!

I have run the 37 & 40-inch Nitto Trail Grapplers. Great tires, no weight was needed to balance them. They ride well on the highway and provide great traction off road. When it’s time to put 40’s on the Gladiator they will be Nittos.

Top Bottom