I gave up figthing

n3rdaaron

My wife "let" me drive "her" JL Rubi, and I think I regret not getting the same thing. But I don't think that she would have let me have a duplicate of what she has. She pushes back about even having two of the same color.

On top of that, nearly every part that I have ordered is back-ordered. My AEV suspensions is still MIA, the JKS front disconnects are now "4-6 weeks". Cant Win.

n3rdaaron

Yeah, exactly what Im seeing "Between 4 - Neverary"
Just called AEV. The spacer kit that I ordered won't be back in stock until the end of June. I ordered it the 5th of May. So, I might be doing a refund and finding something else. Not super excited about that. This is another reason why I wondered if I should have gone with a Rubi instead.

n3rdaaron

Talked to NorthRidge and the AEV kits were supposed to have gone out yesterday, and were pushed back a week. That’s semi-positive news. It should send out next week.

On a curious note, I wanted to measure the height difference between my Mojave and my wife’s JL Rubi.

Her JL with a 2in lift and 315s is only 3/4in taller than my Mojave with 315s… my truck is going to be a tad bit tall.

Time to find rock rails I can use for steps.

jesse3638

Hooked
If available look into the ceramic tint. I put it on my Mojave and it keeps the heat out way better than other tint films I've had.
Good to know. I'm going to be doing my car soon and the Tint shop claims 3M ceramic reflects 98% of heat. Damn it's expensive though.

n3rdaaron

Reply isn’t working right from my phone, but we did my windows last Thursday.
Used Xpel (pretty sure) and we did 75% on the front window, and entire rear. Then for the front sides we used 25%.
I typically try and keep it legal, but this time I didn’t care. Wanted the heat out.

n3rdaaron

Just called Northridge about the AEV spacer lift I ordered.

This whole "Covid" BS people are using is going to push me over the edge. I ordered parts a month and a half ago and AEV keeps moving the goalpost. Northridge's site appears to be changed, but even that is deceiving. It used to say "Will ship from manufacturer within 30 days". Now its saying "Average time to ship 30 days".

I called today and AEV is saying end of the month. Im almost to where I just want my money back. I dont think Ill ever do business with either after this. Transparency can go a long way.

Sharkey

Word Ninja
Just called Northridge about the AEV spacer lift I ordered.

This whole "Covid" BS people are using is going to push me over the edge. I ordered parts a month and a half ago and AEV keeps moving the goalpost. Northridge's site appears to be changed, but even that is deceiving. It used to say "Will ship from manufacturer within 30 days". Now its saying "Average time to ship 30 days".

I called today and AEV is saying end of the month. Im almost to where I just want my money back. I dont think Ill ever do business with either after this. Transparency can go a long way.
Suckridge probably shipped it somewhere else. No worries though, at least they will only charge you twice.

WJCO

Meme King
Brah...you got a nice truck; the grass isn't always greener on the Rubi side...and as far as backorders go, EVERYTHING is on backorder...even backorders are on backorder, so sit tight and have a cold one...
So well said.

n3rdaaron

So well said.
I’m burnt out from being stuck in my basement working. Can’t go on vacation, so all I do is work. I’ve been looking forward to my stuff coming in, and every time, it’s pushed back.
I understand what both of you are saying though.

WJCO

Meme King
I’m burnt out from being stuck in my basement working. Can’t go on vacation, so all I do is work. I’ve been looking forward to my stuff coming in, and every time, it’s pushed back.
I get it. Same boat here as far as work. It's exciting to get the mail sometimes, lol. Patience is key. Hopefully things will arrive soon for you.

Brute

Hooked
It could be worse...it's 109 where I'm at, and it usually is in the low 80's...

n3rdaaron

I got one for you... Ive talked to 5 vendors today, not retailers, but actual manufacturers, asking what the KEY differences are on the Mojave kit vs the regular JT kits. Not just for AEV, but anyone that offers a spacer kit for the JT.

They haven't been able to (which they should). Teraflex was the best so far. The lady that I talked to said that there wasn't, other than the upper shock mounts being different, and them just not having lower shock extensions in stock. Everything else would have worked.

I have the AEV spacer kit on the JL Rubicon, and without taking a caliper to all of the parts, Im not seeing an obvious difference between the parts. The only thing that COULD be different is the internal diameter of the spacer due to the Fox airbump. But thats it.

Top Bottom