I guess it's the "Super Stocker" build

USMC Wrangler

Exactly. Between these and the Protek's I'm feeling a little brave!

So glad I took that class and have my own welder...

ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1438354731.693100.jpg

Ok, break is over. More to follow...

USMC Wrangler

So, I'm running a 1" bead on one side, cooling it with wet rags, then going to the other side and repeating. Then I'm giving it a few minutes before starting again. Here are some other pics during prep this morning...

Test fitting and marking where I need to remove paint

ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1438355853.321141.jpg

Closing up the bottoms before test fit...

ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1438355908.355262.jpg

In preparation for the leveling kit, I wanted to take some measurements like this.

ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1438355981.959418.jpg

Since 18.5" is stock, it looks like the 18 Rubi springs and 1" spacer added a total of .75"??? I wish I would've known to take this measurement when I had my stock springs to be certain. Both sides are currently at 19.25". I will re-measure after the EVO springs are in.

ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1438356271.166575.jpg

USMC Wrangler

Although this may not be necessary, I decided to cover my brake line and speed sensor wires with a damp cloth. I'm using MIG flux core so there is a lot of splatter.

ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1438357681.082825.jpg

USMC Wrangler

Thanks big dr!

I'm still at it. I'm taking long breaks in between beads for the ball joints and me. It's hot as usual and now that I'm on the lowers I'm wearing the welding jacket. I'll post more pics when I'm ready for paint.

USMC Wrangler

In my hurry to finish, I didn't get any "done welding/pre-paint" pics. Some of my beads weren't much to write home about, but some were pretty decent IMO. It seemed like there were several large gaps to overcome, particularly on the bottoms at the tube. I actually ran two passes there just to be thorough.

DONE!

ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1438375780.624298.jpg

ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1438375812.364084.jpg

Kumar

In my hurry to finish, I didn't get any "done welding/pre-paint" pics. Some of my beads weren't much to write home about, but some were pretty decent IMO. It seemed like there were several large gaps to overcome, particularly on the bottoms at the tube. I actually ran two passes there just to be thorough.

DONE!

Nice job! Wish I could have welded my own on, but I have no clue about welding so I had to pay up. That's definitely a skill I need to learn.

USMC Wrangler

Up for install today was the leveling kit. I was running 18 front springs with a 1" Teraflex spacer. Apparently when I installed that spacer, I did it wrong. The spacer was meant to go above the factory isolator, but I did the opposite. The front springs really sank into the TF spacer.

Comparison of the EVO front spring and a factory 18 spring...

ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1438457928.467831.jpg

ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1438457954.302228.jpg

I did loosen the frame side track bar bolt and remove the axle side track bolt. Otherwise I would not have been able to get the new springs in (or I'm just a pansy). My steering wheel was off center, but made a few adjustments on the drag link turn buckle and she's straight now.

The springs do feel like they give better on bumps in the road and I'm currently nose high. If the front spacer was any indication I likely put the Teraflex rear spacer in wrong too, maybe causing my rear 59 springs to sink into it. I have not swapped the rear TF spacer for the new one in the EVO kit yet. The front bumper swap and winch are still a ways away, so I'll swap the rear spacers soon and re-aim the TruckLites this week. Here are some more comparison shots...

Pre-EVO

ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1438458369.440710.jpg

Post-EVO

ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1438458402.983842.jpg

Pre-EVO @ 19.25"

ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1438458454.272094.jpg

Post EVO @ 21"

ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1438458487.341314.jpg

None of this would have been as easy for me without the advice from many people on Wayalife. The write-ups are invaluable and I'm thankful Eddie has made them all available to us! Thanks everyone! More still to come...

Napalm

Up for install today was the leveling kit. I was running 18 front springs with a 1" Teraflex spacer. Apparently when I installed that spacer, I did it wrong. The spacer was meant to go above the factory isolator, but I did the opposite. The front springs really sank into the TF spacer.

Comparison of the EVO front spring and a factory 18 spring...

View attachment 156890

View attachment 156891

I did loosen the frame side track bar bolt and remove the axle side track bolt. Otherwise I would not have been able to get the new springs in (or I'm just a pansy). My steering wheel was off center, but made a few adjustments on the drag link turn buckle and she's straight now.

The springs do feel like they give better on bumps in the road and I'm currently nose high. If the front spacer was any indication I likely put the Teraflex rear spacer in wrong too, maybe causing my rear 59 springs to sink into it. I have not swapped the rear TF spacer for the new one in the EVO kit yet. The front bumper swap and winch are still a ways away, so I'll swap the rear spacers soon and re-aim the TruckLites this week. Here are some more comparison shots...

Pre-EVO

View attachment 156892

Post-EVO

View attachment 156893

Pre-EVO @ 19.25"

View attachment 156894

Post EVO @ 21"

View attachment 156895

None of this would have been as easy for me without the advice from many people on Wayalife. The write-ups are invaluable and I'm thankful Eddie has made them all available to us! Thanks everyone! More still to come...

Looks awesome!! Love the EVO leveling kit!

USMC Wrangler

Thanks, Nathan! I'm loving it too just in the first 10 miles driving it.

Here's a current front shot...

ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1438459714.939669.jpg

Now, to chop the front bumper or not, that is my current dilemma.

Still have all four LCA skids and rear EVO d-rings to install. I have enough 3/16 plate make my own rear fascia. Hopefully can get that done and my 3rd row bar painted/re-installed.

Napalm

Thanks, Nathan! I'm loving it too just in the first 10 miles driving it.

Here's a current front shot...

View attachment 156900

Now, to chop the front bumper or not, that is my current dilemma.

Still have all four LCA skids and rear EVO d-rings to install. I have enough 3/16 plate make my own rear fascia. Hopefully can get that done and my 3rd row bar painted/re-installed.

I would chop the front and remove the rear. Looks way better!

After reading your install post, I had to go and check and make sure I installed my Synergy 3/4 Front spacers correctly. Synergy's spacers go in after the stock isolater!

USMC Wrangler

Yeah, when I pulled the front spacers I saw how compressed they were. Looked up the instructions and sure enough the TF ones go on before.

The EVO instructions show that the rear spacer goes on after the isolator, (just for my future reference and others that aren't sure).

Napalm

Yeah, when I pulled the front spacers I saw how compressed they were. Looked up the instructions and sure enough the TF ones go on before.

The EVO instructions show that the rear spacer goes on after the isolator, (just for my future reference and others that aren't sure).

Did you install your rear spacer or are you waiting on it ?

USMC Wrangler

No, the TF 3/4" spacer is still in there. I'm not sure if it will make a difference installing the spacers from the EVO kit. I'll swap them out next week, I hope.

Napalm

No, the TF 3/4" spacer is still in there. I'm not sure if it will make a difference installing the spacers from the EVO kit. I'll swap them out next week, I hope.

I see, I noticed a minimal difference. But, that's all the lift I have in the rear and I'm running 35s. Before the Flat fenders though, it was super tight.

Top Bottom