I guess it's the "Super Stocker" build

JKbrick

Good to know! I misunderstood. I’ll work on that when the tie rod arrives. I was viewing from the driver’s side. Driveway reads zero at both front tires pulled up right to the garage door, but the rear is 3° different. The driveway has a break about mid-way for drainage. Should I factor a change in for the rear being slightly lower or is the zero reading at the front wheels adequate?

Can you block the front wheels and put a jack under the rear diff to pick it up to level?

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

USMC Wrangler

Can you block the front wheels and put a jack under the rear diff to pick it up to level?

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

That’s definitely a thought I’ve had. I have a huge driveway but only a small portion is concrete. I need to check the concrete angle if I park perpendicular to the garage. Or, I just need to throw everything away inside my garage.

USMC Wrangler

Just park on the angle and do math. [emoji41]

--
Build Thread - Adventures of Fiona - https://wayalife.com/showthread.php?t=47407

So it shows 0° at the front tires on the ground but 3-3.5° at the rear tires. When I installed my adj FLCA’s I was in a rental house. The concrete driveway was perfect at 0°. Now the house we bought has the break/slope.

I guess if I make my wife and kids get all their crap out of the garage (ok, I have some too) I’d probably be better off in many ways.

BaddestCross

So it shows 0° at the front tires on the ground but 3-3.5° at the rear tires. When I installed my adj FLCA’s I was in a rental house. The concrete driveway was perfect at 0°. Now the house we bought has the break/slope.

I guess if I make my wife and kids get all their crap out of the garage (ok, I have some too) I’d probably be better off in many ways.
So you're saying there's not enough to get both axles on the angle part of your concrete?

--
Build Thread - Adventures of Fiona - https://wayalife.com/showthread.php?t=47407

USMC Wrangler

I guess it's the "Super Stocker" build

My Exodus Jeeps tie rod arrived yesterday and I got it installed this morning. A co-worker loaned me the proper reamer for GM 1 ton TRE’s, which was a nice little savings.

Here are some comparison shots.

IMG_7128.jpg

IMG_7131.jpg

Got some swag too!

IMG_7130.jpg

IMG_7129.jpg

After test fitting I only had to ream the pass side. The drivers side looked great. I literally took the slightest bit out of the pass side and it pulled all the way in at 60 ft lbs.

IMG_7132.jpg

IMG_7133.jpg

I called Bubba to check on torque specs and he gave me a length to start at as well. I believe it was 58 3/8” and measuring at the tires got me back to about 1/8” toe from 5/8” with my bent factory TR. I did have to re-center my steering wheel. I guess that’s from me adjusting as I bent things and the toe got out of whack.

It drives great now on the highway and even on the rough, uneven, chipped sealed road near my house.

Highway

https://youtu.be/Kp-Wv_1tAeg

Chip sealed road

https://youtu.be/bPqXfRXkksQ

In the last video you can see me let go of the steering wheel going through a low water crossing (currently dry) that used to throw my steering into fits.

Great product and great service as usual!

IMG_7138.jpg

I added the non-model specific Jeep decal to my tailgate collection. I’m not even complaining it’s not for a TJ or a JK or a JL! [emoji38]

IMG_7134.jpg

As for my camber...I ran out of time before shift to address it. But I did confirm if I pull up perpendicular to my garage it should give me a good reading to start with, at a level angle. I’m hoping to address that tomorrow or Saturday.

Sunday is the big gear swap day! I’m pretty excited about the whole process and the intended result!

Last edited:

jesse3638

Hooked
If you have an 8' level you can put under the jeep it'll get you close to what you're dealing with. I have a digital angle finder I can 0 out. I put a level under the jeep 0 it out and then measure my caster. No math needed...haha. Also it's best to measure your caster from the pinion flange or yoke. If you have a yoke you can unbolt the front DS and Bolt a piece of flat stock the the yoke so you have a flat surface to measure off of.

Sent from my 2PYB2 using WAYALIFE mobile app

Last edited:

USMC Wrangler

If you have an 8' level you can put under the jeep it'll get you close to what you're dealing with. I have a digital angle finder I can 0 out. I put a level under the jeep 0 it out and then measure my caster. No mate needed...haha. Also it's best to measure your caster from the pinion flange or yoke.

Sent from my 2PYB2 using WAYALIFE mobile app

Thanks! Tomorrow when my gears get swapped I’ll check it since the front DS will be removed. Also the shop we are using has a large section that’s supposedly at 0°.

There will be three of us working on it. Setting up gears is not in my wheelhouse so I’ll be breaking down each axle and playing gopher as needed while the other two work the gears. I’ll check the caster before reinstalling the front DS.

USMC Wrangler

Parts, fluids and tools are loaded. Links to Project-JK torque settings and related write ups are saved in my notes for quick reference.

I feel like a kid on Christmas and not sure if I’ll sleep tonight much. By this time tomorrow I hope to be doing break-in runs on the new gears!

Thanks to everyone who have answered my dumb questions and Bubba for getting me setup with parts. [emoji1303]

Top Bottom