I guess it's the "Super Stocker" build

USMC Wrangler

What a difference! Easy install and bedding in.

IMG_8179.jpg

IMG_8180.jpg

I also knocked out a 5 tire rotation while I was at it and greased what felt like a million zerks.

RockinAZJK

Caught the Bug
Awesome. I’m going this route next brake job.

May be awhile. I think the only one on this forum puts fewer miles than me is Brick. I drive 10 miles a day. Daily.

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

Hey I qualify! Until the next job starts next week anyway lol. I work from home and only go to a restaurant or grocery store every few days. Maybe 30-40 miles a week.

Of course now I’ll be jumping into the 300 a week minimum [emoji28]

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

USMC Wrangler

In preparation for running the compressor and lockers, I updated and moved some of my switches around today.

Top two will be for the lockers and bottom one is for my FU lights on the A pillar.

IMG_8188.jpg

I moved my round switches for chase and rock lights down to the dash below the left vent.

IMG_8187.jpg

USMC Wrangler

Waiting for me at home tonight after work...

IMG_8193.jpg

The install will have to wait because the 35 spline Revolution shafts are on backorder. [emoji22]

USMC Wrangler

I couldn’t help myself, so I cracked the box open. Come to find out the instructions say to open everything and confirm part numbers before install. So I’m an instruction follower today! [emoji23]

IMG_8194.jpg

Also, last night going to work was the first chance I really got to drive with the ProGrips. I discovered as I arrived I had a small grinding noise coming from the front right. I found the dust shield was barely touching. Pulled that away and all is good now. It’s still so new that I’m surprised when I barely touch the pedal that I really feel those brakes!

USMC Wrangler

Solid 8 hours of work today on Spider.

Remember those rear control arms from Ruffstuff that were too long? Well, I chopped an inch off of all four arms, welded in new bungs that RS provided free of charge, repainted with VHT chassis and installed them. I also addressed some of my lousy welds on my rock sliders.

The arms are beefy AF in the sense they are 1/4” DOM

IMG_8208.jpg

IMG_8210.jpg

IMG_8209.jpg

IMG_8211.jpg

IMG_8217.jpg

I also finished the bed in process for the ProGrips. Five aggressive stops from 60-20 mph without the abs kicking in. These things are worth every penny!!!

IMG_8215.jpg

USMC Wrangler

I really do hate mud. But! I have a designated route I take for test drives. On two occasions today I had to stop due to heavy thunderstorms. Goes without saying the dirt roads on my route had some mud. [emoji849]

IMG_8220.jpg

sipafz

Caught the Bug
That’s awesome that Roughstuff sent you those part at N/C! Good work on getting all that installed!

Also, I forgot to mention how much I enjoyed your home movies awhile back. My wife stepped in while I was watching them on the TV and said “I guess you’ll need a GoPro now” [emoji56]

USMC Wrangler

That’s awesome that Roughstuff sent you those part at N/C! Good work on getting all that installed!

Also, I forgot to mention how much I enjoyed your home movies awhile back. My wife stepped in while I was watching them on the TV and said “I guess you’ll need a GoPro now” [emoji56]

Thanks! Although I wish I could’ve spent the day on a trail, it’s like therapy to me to do this stuff. When I finally got to speak to the correct person at Ruffstuff they did really want to make me a happy customer. I am happy they sent those out too. I did use the EVO suggested lengths of 17.5” for the rear uppers and 19.75” for the lowers. I was unable to get to those lengths before cutting the inch off each arm.

Very cool! It’s actually a lot of work to try and get the right shots while running the trail. It is fun to put it together afterwards, almost reliving it.

My GoPro is the small cube style with no screen but it does connect to my phone for previews. I may upgrade in the future but this has worked fine to get me started.

Top Bottom