I guess it's the "Super Stocker" build

USMC Wrangler

Well, other than getting the ARB compressor setup for airing up tires, I haven’t gotten anything else done on Spider. I have the cash on hand finally for my PR44, but guess who’s running the JKX? [emoji22] [emoji2957] I’ve waited 6 years to do exactly this when I bought my Sport S, I suppose I can wait a couple more weeks.

Still waiting on the Revolution 35 splines for my rear to go with the Ox locker back there. I may get some from Ten Factory instead when Bubba gets back. Kind of a bummer Revolution is taking so long.

USMC Wrangler

I guess it's the "Super Stocker" build

I just made my single biggest purchase besides buying Spider. After speaking with Bubba at Exodus Jeeps and Austin at Carbon Offroad, my new front axle has been ordered. Austin deleted the ball joints from the order and gave me the sales price for their sale that ended on Sunday.

Here’s what I ordered...

IMG_8355.jpg

IMG_8351.JPG

And here’s the warranty...

IMG_8352.JPG

IMG_8353.JPG

I know this is a different route than many, but I’m excited as hell! [emoji1303]

Last edited:

BaddestCross

I just my single biggest purchase besides buying Spider. After speaking with Bubba at Exodus Jeeps and Austin at Carbon Offroad, my new front axle has been ordered. Austin deleted the ball joints from the order and gave me the sales price for their sale that ended on Sunday.

Here’s what I ordered...

View attachment 333629

View attachment 333630

And here’s the warranty...

View attachment 333632

View attachment 333631

I know this is a different route than many, but I’m excited as hell! [emoji1303]
Congrats. I'm a fan of Carbon Offroad. I run their shafts both front and rear. Looking forward to hearing how their setup works for you.

--
Build Thread - Adventures of Fiona - https://wayalife.com/showthread.php?t=47407

USMC Wrangler

Nice, what swayed you in that direction? I’ve looked at their axle shafts, haven’t pulled the trigger yet.

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

Thanks! The warranty was the biggest thing. I’d be a liar if I said I wasn’t worried about Dynatrac after the Codex stuff and that PR44/axle length issue that popped up recently. The housing Carbon uses is the RockJock 44. Yes, it’s .375 wall vs Dynatrac’s .500 but I can live with that.

On another note, the only thing I was somewhat questioning was the Eaton locker. I’m sure they are fine for the most part, but I really like the simplicity of the Ox lockers. Also that Ox drive away system in case of compressor failure/damage. So, I called Austin back at Carbon Offroad and told him I’d really like the Ox air actuated locker. He said no problem but the locker would carry the manufacturers warranty and not the Carbon 10 year. Everything else about the Carbon warranty would stay the same. I decided to go ahead and change the order to include the Ox.

rmilobrown

Outstanding! Good luck with the install, I've been wondering about these guys for a while. Looking forward to the pics!

HAPPYTRAILS

wjtstudios

Hooked
That’s awesome, definitely interested how this works out for you. Can wait to see you out it to use!

2015 JKUR AEV JK350
1985 CJ8 Scrambler

BaddestCross

Good to hear! In speaking directly with Austin, I’m pretty impressed so far.
Yeah, Austin is a good guy. There were some delays when I ordered my rear shafts and he made sure I was taken care of.

Also, when they went from a 10 year warranty to a 15 they made it retroactive for all their customers which I thought was pretty cool.

--
Build Thread - Adventures of Fiona - https://wayalife.com/showthread.php?t=47407

USMC Wrangler

Outstanding! Good luck with the install, I've been wondering about these guys for a while. Looking forward to the pics!

HAPPYTRAILS

Congrats. Nice update.

That’s awesome, definitely interested how this works out for you. Can wait to see you out it to use!

2015 JKUR AEV JK350
1985 CJ8 Scrambler

Thanks fellas!

Yeah, Austin is a good guy. There were some delays when I ordered my rear shafts and he made sure I was taken care of.

Also, when they went from a 10 year warranty to a 15 they made it retroactive for all their customers which I thought was pretty cool.

--

Cool! That doesn’t surprise me after getting the sale discount two days after said sale ended.

:thumb: Good stuff you will be happy.

Thanks! I don’t even have it yet and I’m happy! [emoji23]

Top Bottom