I have an addiction!

17xJKU

My pr44 will be shipped Thursday. Hopefully I can install my lift and pr44 next week. I need to hit some trails up.

Samuelh3

Caught the Bug
Oh yeah you’re screwed. Welcome to the Jeepaholics Anonymous support group. Can’t say we can help you with your addition as much as encourage it!! Welcome to WAL!!

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

17xJKU

Well I got my pr44 installed and my metalcloak 3.5 game changer lift. 👹 It took me 3 days to do by myself in a cold pole barn with a floor jack. The front took me 2 days to do..the rcv shafts suck at putting together, then had to find a new way to mount my stabilizer shock. I had a synergy high track bar mount welded on, but there was no where to install the stabilizer. Had to drill my own hole and make a spacer. I have some tweaking to do with all the arms and alignment, but it actual rides nice. Way better than I expected.

17xJKU

Just a teaser... I need to get pics in the day time.

Attachments

• 20180325_203429.jpg
    20180325_203429.jpg
    104.5 KB · Views: 82

ka-bar

Well I got my pr44 installed and my metalcloak 3.5 game changer lift. [emoji83] It took me 3 days to do by myself in a cold pole barn with a floor jack. The front took me 2 days to do..the rcv shafts suck at putting together, then had to find a new way to mount my stabilizer shock. I had a synergy high track bar mount welded on, but there was no where to install the stabilizer. Had to drill my own hole and make a spacer. I have some tweaking to do with all the arms and alignment, but it actual rides nice. Way better than I expected.

Way to go man! That’s awesome!

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

17xJKU

Thanks everyone. Seems like my front is sitting higher than the rear tho. I may end up getting the spring correction for the rear. They bow towards the back due to pinion angle. Is that common thing?
Also need to dial in the track bar adjustments to center the axles.. really need to adjust most of the arms for pinion angle too. At least set them close before the alignment is done.

17xJKU

Some pics of the final product.

Attachments

• 20180326_130856.jpg
    20180326_130856.jpg
    155.4 KB · Views: 89
  • 20180327_015146.jpg
    20180327_015146.jpg
    129.8 KB · Views: 99
  • 20180326_130844.jpg
    20180326_130844.jpg
    154.8 KB · Views: 94

17xJKU

I need some grab handles and steps now to get in.
Another question.. anyone think it would have been worth a long arm kit? I am almost considering getting the long arm kit to add on for better road driving. Or maybe just at least drag link flip?

17xJKU

Eh... The JKS relocation is adjustable to your current or future setup. I don't think the MetalCloak one is.

--
Build Thread - Adventures of Fiona - https://wayalife.com/showthread.php?t=47407

I think part of my problem is the rear arm adjustment. It looks like it moved my rear axle back about an inch. My 37s rub m bumper now. If I move it forward a bit, it will help the spring alignment better. If it still bows, I will try the metalcloak correction bracket and retainer. The JKS is nice, but price is high.. funds are low from the rest of my build. They said it will raise it about 3/8 of an inch too. That will be good since the fronts sitting higher.

17xJKU

Well I'm wishing I went long arm kit now after reading up on the advantages on and off road. But I'm going to try dialing in my kit and see how it drives. Just wish I had a garage with level floors, heat, lift.. and o yeah.. it's to tall to fit in now. lol. I put my lift on and had to put on my stock wheels on to get out of the garage and put the 37s on in the driveway.

TeamFaust

.. and o yeah.. it's to tall to fit in now. lol. I put my lift on and had to put on my stock wheels on to get out of the garage and put the 37s on in the driveway.

Too funny :cheesy: ...welcome aboard and glad to see you're jumping in with both feet. Looking good, enjoy!!

Top Bottom