I saw this jeep at the dealership yesterday...

JK_Dave

Caught the Bug
Why couldn't Jeep have put one of these into production instead? Give us a special edition we'd all fight over instead of one we poke fun at in chat rooms.

Mopar Recon
jeep-wrangler-mopar-recon-a.jpg

Sand Trooper II
jeep-wrangler-sand-trooper-II-a.jpg

Stitch
jeep-wrangler-stitch-a.jpg

Spartan

The Recon and Sand Trooper look a lot lot the Rubicon X with Bushwacker flat fenders, and unlike the 10th A Rubicon. Jeeps.com says that the Rubicon X has a functional hood insted it the just for looks hood that was on the 10th A. I think for now the Rubicon X is as close a we are going to get to the Recon or Sand Trooper.

I have also heard rumors that the Dealerships are going to start having the Bushwacker flat fenders as one of the options you can add.

JKAnimal

Caught the Bug
The Recon and Sand Trooper look a lot lot the Rubicon X with Bushwacker flat fenders, and unlike the 10th A Rubicon. Jeeps.com says that the Rubicon X has a functional hood insted it the just for looks hood that was on the 10th A. I think for now the Rubicon X is as close a we are going to get to the Recon or Sand Trooper.

I have also heard rumors that the Dealerships are going to start having the Bushwacker flat fenders as one of the options you can add.

I believe the Sand Troopers are outfitted with portal axles. Notice how you can't see an axle tube or diff? That's what I would want!:yup:

Kluso

At $6000 off list or maybe more as time goes on, buy one and spray it with bed liner or something then put seat covers on to hide those logos.

rgwinn

not a fan at all, but is there a dragon on the passenger side as well? would be even worse with only the one one the driver side.

No, there is actually nothing on the passenger side, so from that angle it looks like a Black Sahara, there is a decal on the rear tire carrier, however, that will be gone when I replace my wheels with 35s.

I like the bronze and black too, I will leave the Dragon, until I get it scratched up and it looks bad, then I will remove it.

I am hoping that with a lift, bigger tires, lights and winch it will look a little better :)

rgwinn

I believe the Sand Troopers are outfitted with portal axles. Notice how you can't see an axle tube or diff? That's what I would want!:yup:

Problem is; that would probably be a $60,000 Jeep, and you would have a hard time selling those to the masses.

jhires

If they are selling them at a $6k discount, I know a few people who would buy one just for that.
Decals are easily removed if you don't like them, the wheels and tires will be replaced soon after a lift, then it looks like any other black jeep.

My opinion is that it looks pretty cool, especially with the discount. I think a 4.5 lift and 37" tires would make a drastic difference in it's appearance. Then it would look like any other lifted jeep, but with a dragon sticker. :D

And, it certainly is not Barbie Pink like a few of the rigs we've seen posted here since SEMA.

cozdude

Guy with a Red 2-Door
very true, if i could get a fully loaded sahara for 6k+ off i would consider it. i could live with it after lift and tires. if i didnt like the look of the dragon after all of that i would peel it off.

NAUJK

Why couldn't Jeep have put one of these into production instead? Give us a special edition we'd all fight over instead of one we poke fun at in chat rooms.

Mopar Recon
View attachment 58920

Sand Trooper II
View attachment 58921

Stitch
View attachment 58922

I have a close friend that is a Higher up in Jeep in Colorado. From my understanding talking to him the new 2016 Platform will be based off the Stitch Concept and the Flat-Top Concept. With the possibility of losing the fold down windshield ( try and make it more aerodynamic and get better mpg) but keeping everything else as is.

Linebacker

Caught the Bug
I have a close friend that is a Higher up in Jeep in Colorado. From my understanding talking to him the new 2016 Platform will be based off the Stitch Concept and the Flat-Top Concept. With the possibility of losing the fold down windshield ( try and make it more aerodynamic and get better mpg) but keeping everything else as is.

I really hope you're right. Jeep has been concentrating so much on form they seem to have forgotten we are fans of how it functions. That's why we bought one in the first place. I've been fearful we'd see backwards capability to satisfy the NHTSB, not to mention the EPA and ________, and also the ______ (fill in the blanks).:thinking:

rgwinn

If they are selling them at a $6k discount, I know a few people who would buy one just for that.
Decals are easily removed if you don't like them, the wheels and tires will be replaced soon after a lift, then it looks like any other black jeep.

My opinion is that it looks pretty cool, especially with the discount. I think a 4.5 lift and 37" tires would make a drastic difference in it's appearance. Then it would look like any other lifted jeep, but with a dragon sticker. :D

And, it certainly is not Barbie Pink like a few of the rigs we've seen posted here since SEMA.

Well, if you know anyone in the PNW that is looking, here is the place: Now $6,500 off!

MSRP $40,620 TOTAL SAVINGS -$6,500 YOUR PRICE $34,120

http://www.nwjeep.com/new/Jeep/2014...Portland-50b794390a0a00de015c7a7720c7bb86.htm

AllAmericanInfidel

Caught the Bug
I'm just not diggin those dragons.

Yeah, they have one at Galeana right now. I was out test driving a 4 door and that was the first one they walked up to. My wife and I just laughed and asked him to get keys to a different one. When he asked what we thought, my wife just said 'gay'.

Fir-na-tine

Caught the Bug
There is one at my local Stealership..........it's been parked in the same spot for weeks.....2014 Wrangler Unlimited Dragon Edition......they're asking price is $42,130......Just like P.T. Barnum said......."There's a sucker born every minute".......Someone will buy it

Hell just go buy a Black Sahara.......F@ck all this Dragon Tattoo BS.......SMH @ Jeep

Woodrow:beer:

rgwinn

Hell just go buy a Black Sahara.......F@ck all this Dragon Tattoo BS.......SMH @ Jeep

Woodrow:beer:
:brows:

That's funny, friend of my wife's said "Hey, your Jeep has a Tattoo" Her husband is a Tattoo artist.

Luckily, it is only a temporary Tattoo. . . :cheesy:

JK_Dave

Caught the Bug

I'd be cool with that. Does anyone really do that any way?

Top Bottom