I suck at painting

LasVegasJK

X10000 better :0 hammered finish is the way to go. Some of teh Rustoleum hammered black give a bit of bronze or dark brown, but will bake towards black over time in the sun.

i.e. this can is a bit more towards black:

11006383_10153109182118011_2002249862557421106_n.jpg

10987623_10153109213913011_4540472872705441647_n.jpg

Looks very clean though and no more zebra stripes. If the weather gets better (supposed to rain), I will paint up my PSC corners this weekend and wil post up some pics.

Good job!

Thanks. I like the way it's coming out. Good luck with your corners! I'm hoping to install these items Sunday.

whispike

How does the rattle can paint hold up? Every time I've painted something it seems to scratch or chip so easily.

Jackal01

This is one of the reasons I've been hesitant to do Berliner on a lot of things. Doesn't the dirt get stuck in the texture

Like I just said in that quote...I haven't had any issues with trying to get dirt out. A normal wash with a hose and brush gets the job done.

LasVegasJK

How does the rattle can paint hold up? Every time I've painted something it seems to scratch or chip so easily.

Scratching? I would think anything could get scratched.
Chipping, I think that comes down to the prep before the painting.
*DISCLAIMER* - I suck at painting and could be completely incorrect.

Evil

Nice. Now that you dont suck at paining and have some experience your more than welcome to come and paint mine :rock:

catahoula

Caught the Bug
I would be very proud of that.:thumb:

I would like to see those tail lights light up. They look sweet!

LasVegasJK

I wish I could have stayed until it was finished but I think I was pushing the limits with the wife.

Thank you so much for the help.
The thing with the steel/rivet to repair the nutsert was genius! It was way better than my plan!

NV375

Thank you so much for the help.
The thing with the steel/rivet to repair the nutsert was genius! It was way better than my plan!

When you have damaged or broken as many things as I have, you learn how to fix or workaround them. I have never been the best or fastest at anything but, being able to deal with out of the ordinary tasks has helped keep me employed over my career.

Top Bottom