I told myself that I would put aside everything I heard on the internet about WAL

jesse3638

Hooked
Its totally ok to joke/tease,etc.. with your buddies that you know/deal with on daily basis. I do that with mine all the time.. Nothing wrong with that.. I think thats what some of you guys think you are doing hence why you think nothing is wrong with it.
But doing so to those that you know nothing about and they know nothing about you and can't tell if you are joking or not.. Well thats just being a dick or you are coming off as dicks to those of us that don't know any different.
We can't see your smile.. we can't see that you are just trying to joke (if you really are doing that and I don't believe thats what it is anyways)

So just try to be aware of that the next time you feel you need to make a rude comment to someone.

Of course there really is no hope.. Respect needs to come from the top down.. Its clear you are all screwed anyways as the comments from the sites owner are just as silly as the other few asshats you have here..
A few bad apples....

I posted this in another thread but you obviously did not read it. If you had you'd see how it applies to this exact situation too.

(Name of original target user has been changed to be pertinent to this thread)..:)

Trying to reason with you is like trying to reason with my ex wife but like her I'm going to try and give it a shot anyway...haha. I'm going to type slow and break it down as simple as I can.

Everyone in life has a group of friends. This group of friends is composed of many different personalities. Some talk shit, some are dramatic, some are annoying, some are selfless, etc etc. The common theme in a group of friends is just that, they are friends and no matter the personalities they all accept one another for who they are and remain friends. If even one member of the group is attacked the whole group will react in defending the member. If the member is deemed to be causing the problem then the group will check their member and point out the wrong doing. (If this was a gang or bullying scenario the group would continue to "defend" their member even if they were in the wrong just to display dominance.) There will be times when certain friends don't see eye to eye and even get frustrated or angry with one another. In the end it typically works its way out and they go back to being friends. If they don't work it out the odd friend out usually leaves this group and finds another group of friends that he/she fits better with. Now, when someone from outside tries to enter this group of friends several things may happen I've listed them below:

1-They and their personality will be accepted and they will accept everyone else for who they are and become part of the group.
2-They will accept the group for who they are but the group will not accept that person.
3-They will accept the group but feel they want to change the group as to accept everyone, the group may or may not be in acceptance, but if the outsider doesn't change the group will reject the outsider. (Often this comes in the form of appearing self righteous)
4-They will not accept the group and the group will not accept them.

I feel these are some basic possibilities, there are many more but this is already wordy.

Now applying these principals to the forum Eddie created so we may all share a common interest.

WAL = Not just a forum but a group of friends

Overlander = Shit talker, Helpful, Yankees Fan:grayno:
10Frank = Annoying, Instigator, Helpful (Haha you know I have to take my shots when I can..;))
Piginajeep = Smartass, Helpful
Jags = Dramatic, Trys to help and occasionally succeeds..haha.
Sharkey = Legal Dept., Helpful, (Remained active even while without a jeep)
jesse3638 = Eternal Optimist, The little guy who stands in the background pointing and yelling "Yeah, Yeah thats right"!
*The list goes on*

mcgyvr = Outsider to the group.

Initially the outsider wants to be accepted and the group wants to and is willing to accept the outsider. It is here where everyone's actions dictate what happens next and one of the 4 previous listed possibilities occurs.

Currently how I see it were are at #3. For some reason you do not understand the personalities associated with the group or the reaction you received when you called the majority of us shit talkers and asshole. If you did you would not see shit talking but friends giving each other a razz and a hard time. They mean the best and will voice their opinions as they see fit. This may come in the form of advice on products or about the way one is acting (even long time members). If I went off about the same topic you did I'd receive the same response from the group you did. Post count means nothing, membership time means nothing. Its all how you conduct yourself, roll with the punches and throw your own back when needed. Give advice and take criticism. Life requires thick skin not just this forum. I'm sure if you look at the group of friends you currently have you can substitute the names I've listed above with that of your friends. If you can see what caused this thread to grow to the lengths it did and take corrective actions we can always go back to #1. If not I suggest we move on to #4. Watch what happens after I post this. Someone will comment, you probably will too. Its what is to be expected after all we are in a forum setting. If I did not want a reaction or comments about my opinion I wouldn't post this. Maybe this angle will allow you to see where we're all coming from. Don't be like my ex and have a great day!

DWiggles

Caught the Bug
I posted this in another thread but you obviously did not read it. If you had you'd see how it applies to this exact situation too.

(Name of original target user has been changed to be pertinent to this thread)..:)

Trying to reason with you is like trying to reason with my ex wife but like her I'm going to try and give it a shot anyway...haha. I'm going to type slow and break it down as simple as I can.

Everyone in life has a group of friends. This group of friends is composed of many different personalities. Some talk shit, some are dramatic, some are annoying, some are selfless, etc etc. The common theme in a group of friends is just that, they are friends and no matter the personalities they all accept one another for who they are and remain friends. If even one member of the group is attacked the whole group will react in defending the member. If the member is deemed to be causing the problem then the group will check their member and point out the wrong doing. (If this was a gang or bullying scenario the group would continue to "defend" their member even if they were in the wrong just to display dominance.) There will be times when certain friends don't see eye to eye and even get frustrated or angry with one another. In the end it typically works its way out and they go back to being friends. If they don't work it out the odd friend out usually leaves this group and finds another group of friends that he/she fits better with. Now, when someone from outside tries to enter this group of friends several things may happen I've listed them below:

1-They and their personality will be accepted and they will accept everyone else for who they are and become part of the group.
2-They will accept the group for who they are but the group will not accept that person.
3-They will accept the group but feel they want to change the group as to accept everyone, the group may or may not be in acceptance, but if the outsider doesn't change the group will reject the outsider. (Often this comes in the form of appearing self righteous)
4-They will not accept the group and the group will not accept them.

I feel these are some basic possibilities, there are many more but this is already wordy.

Now applying these principals to the forum Eddie created so we may all share a common interest.

WAL = Not just a forum but a group of friends

Overlander = Shit talker, Helpful, Yankees Fan:grayno:
10Frank = Annoying, Instigator, Helpful (Haha you know I have to take my shots when I can..;))
Piginajeep = Smartass, Helpful
Jags = Dramatic, Trys to help and occasionally succeeds..haha.
Sharkey = Legal Dept., Helpful, (Remained active even while without a jeep)
jesse3638 = Eternal Optimist, The little guy who stands in the background pointing and yelling "Yeah, Yeah thats right"!
*The list goes on*

mcgyvr = Outsider to the group.

Initially the outsider wants to be accepted and the group wants to and is willing to accept the outsider. It is here where everyone's actions dictate what happens next and one of the 4 previous listed possibilities occurs.

Currently how I see it were are at #3. For some reason you do not understand the personalities associated with the group or the reaction you received when you called the majority of us shit talkers and asshole. If you did you would not see shit talking but friends giving each other a razz and a hard time. They mean the best and will voice their opinions as they see fit. This may come in the form of advice on products or about the way one is acting (even long time members). If I went off about the same topic you did I'd receive the same response from the group you did. Post count means nothing, membership time means nothing. Its all how you conduct yourself, roll with the punches and throw your own back when needed. Give advice and take criticism. Life requires thick skin not just this forum. I'm sure if you look at the group of friends you currently have you can substitute the names I've listed above with that of your friends. If you can see what caused this thread to grow to the lengths it did and take corrective actions we can always go back to #1. If not I suggest we move on to #4. Watch what happens after I post this. Someone will comment, you probably will too. Its what is to be expected after all we are in a forum setting. If I did not want a reaction or comments about my opinion I wouldn't post this. Maybe this angle will allow you to see where we're all coming from. Don't be like my ex and have a great day!

chickenchess.jpg

ten little characters to make one rather large point

Jitsujeeper

You know, I've heard and read all the stuff about how the WAL crew are a bunch of a $$holes, don't help anyone, in cahoots with vendors to profit on members, etc, etc and blah blah blah..
I always liked the videos, I read the forums, don't say much. But, all that I heard or read I figured being and East Coast guy running rock krawler suspension I'd already be on the outs with the WAL crew. Honestly, it hasnt been that way. Everyone has been helpful. No issues whatsoever. I see/read how some people take this stuff personally and it boggles my mind. I don't see how any of this alters anyone's life and why any of it matters so much that they have wars. Some of these keyboard warriors are nuts.. lol
That's just my thoughts..

AllAmericanInfidel

Caught the Bug
You know, I've heard and read all the stuff about how the WAL crew are a bunch of a $$holes, don't help anyone, in cahoots with vendors to profit on members, etc, etc and blah blah blah..
I always liked the videos, I read the forums, don't say much. But, all that I heard or read I figured being and East Coast guy running rock krawler suspension I'd already be on the outs with the WAL crew. Honestly, it hasnt been that way. Everyone has been helpful. No issues whatsoever. I see/read how some people take this stuff personally and it boggles my mind. I don't see how any of this alters anyone's life and why any of it matters so much that they have wars. Some of these keyboard warriors are nuts.. lol
That's just my thoughts..

Those are some good points. While I rarely get involved in those threads, all of them that I have read are because someone gets bent out of shape, gets defensive, and then goes full retard. Then we are all a bunch of assholes, fanboys, etc, and because of what? A disagreement over the Internet? I have formulated an opinion that those folks were only here to start shit in the first place, regardless. The number of trolls lately has been staggering.

ghoster

I read on the internet that if I joined here my jeep would magically be transformed and I would get a banana. It's sad really. I like bananas.

ghoster

I told myself that I would put aside everything I heard on the internet about...

What's REALLY sad is living in Hagerstown.

I try not to bring my personal problems in to the forums. Too many assholes.
[emoji1]

Chips and kitties are good, but come on, its a banana!

Last edited:
Top Bottom