I truely can't make up my mind: PR44 or PR60

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Glad you know my financial status. No, you are wrong, I can afford a PR60 but unless you're a millionaire 10k is a chunk of change. Yes, I have a lot of questions and come from all angles before I throw that kind of money out.

:cheesy: Ummm, duh!! As you just said, IT IS A BIG CHUNK OF CHANGE FOR YOU. If it weren't, we wouldn't be having this discussion now :naw:

Or, maybe you're liquid 100k? :idontknow:

I should also point out that I never said you COULDN'T afford a PR60 but rather, you don't seem to be able to afford to get it AND a REAR PR60 AT THE SAME TIME and IF ANYTHING, it would make way more sense to get a REAR PR60 OVER A FRONT. Your initial questions weren't the issue, it's the fact that you keep on trying to get people to convince you to get a PR60 front axle EVEN THOUGH you will be running it with a factory rear Dana 44. And really, if that's what you really want to do - JUST DO IT.

I asked about articulation because I don't know the answer....that's why I ask questions. I knew about the turning radius from the threads I've read which is why I didn't ask.

And, that's why I answered it even though I'm still laughing at the fact that you're still wanting people to convince you to spend a BIG CHUNK OF YOUR CHANGE on something that you don't really need and that you genuinely seem to be having a hard time with. Me, I was just trying to help out by offering solid advice and based on the criteria YOU laid out. Clearly, that is NOT what you were looking for and to that, I wish you the best of luck. :yup:

mastrcruse

Good guess...actually pretty close. That money is off limits though for a down payment on a house and nest egg.

Again, Ive said it before, I appreciate your advice and am weighing all the things you've said in this thread and others I've read. Also, my thought was the d30 should go first which is why I asked my original question. Like you said, I'll make a decision based on what I want to do while taking the advice I've received.

Thanks again.

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
I ran 35s on my Jeep initially as well. The limiting factor for me as far as articulation with my PR60 was up travel limitation due to the differential contacting the track bar at full compression of the suspension. Different track bars can make a difference though. There was significant interference with this JKS track bar, but changing to a Teraflex track bar allowed another 1 1/2" of up travel.

Seriously? You still here?? :naw:

Funny, I run a factory track bar with my PR60 and don't have any rubbing.

Sharkey

Word Ninja
I've never understood why people buy parts they don't need. Stock trackbar works just fine with a proper setup.

Sharkey

Word Ninja
...and why the hell would anyone who has the coin to buy a pro rock mate it up to a TF suspension?

That's just plain stupid.

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Same here. Must be a coincidence.

You know, maybe it's because you run a 3.6L motor with 4.88 gears? Wait, I was running a 3.8L in Moby before and had no issues but then, he was running a 6-speed with 5.38 gears. Of course now, he's got a 6.2 LS with automatic but still has no issues. Must be a coincidence. :crazyeyes:

...and why the hell would anyone who has the coin to buy a pro rock mate it up to a TF suspension?

That's just plain stupid.

Well you know, there are some guys who've had 7 JK's and they clearly have more experience than anyone else on the planet so maybe he knows something we don't. :idontknow: :cheesy:

Or metalcloak :p

:cheesy:

Lol. What's wrong with metalcloak?

LOL!!

StrizzyChris

You know, maybe it's because you run a 3.6L motor with 4.88 gears? Wait, I was running a 3.8L in Moby before and had no issues but then, he was running a 6-speed with 5.38 gears. Of course now, he's got a 6.2 LS with automatic but still has no issues.

well...what's the crawl ratio that each of you are running in 4lo? That's usually the issue with this kind of TB contact in one and clearance in another.

Tigrcky

well...what's the crawl ratio that each of you are running in 4lo? That's usually the issue with this kind of TB contact in one and clearance in another.

Well one is 54 to 1 the other is 20000 to 1 and the 3rd is 1 to 9000 so clearly you need super sonic overhyper bull crap drive

Attachments

• 1425258392304.jpg
    1425258392304.jpg
    27.9 KB · Views: 111

JK_Dave

Caught the Bug
Depends. Do you already have plans to get new wheels and do you think you'll ever want to run something like an EVO DTD? If not, you might want to just get a modified Trail 60 so that you can still run your 5x5 wheels and keep your factory axle width. You can save a lot of money this way. If so, you might want to go for the wider stance a full width axle will give you and run 5x5.5 wheels with adapters up front. It just depends on your budget and what you need it to do for you.

inner axle seal sucks for 35 spline shafts , the axle's neck up at the seal surface which is the only difference from 30 - 35 spline.

David

Very helpful information guys. I appreciate you posting this up for us. This is exactly why I'm here. :thumb:

Top Bottom