I want to run 40's, help!

Commandojk13

Also I have talked to a lot of guys. Ok about 7 who have 35's and 37's and 38's with just a lift but everything else stock. Just upgraded their drive shafts because of the height on their lift. Grant I know this puts a lot of stress on the stock equipment but can't you run it like that and not have serious issues

13_gecko_rubi

Caught the Bug
That's a lot of lift for 37s. You really only need 3-3.5", can even do it with less. I have friends running 42 with only 4.5" lift

Also I have talked to a lot of guys. Ok about 7 who have 35's and 37's and 38's with just a lift but everything else stock. Just upgraded their drive shafts because of the height on their lift. Grant I know this puts a lot of stress on the stock equipment but can't you run it like that and not have serious issues

I guess you can, but if you want it done right, i.e., perform, handle and last, than i wouldnt skimp on the rest of the parts

Commandojk13

Ok good see that's what I thought. I am not mechanic but I have a good idea on what works and I thought it was over kill too. I am glad I kinda have a good idea of what works. I wanted to go with a 3.5 lift. I just need to decide on what one now

Commandojk13

The only thing I like to over kill is strength. To a certain point. I rather have something stronger then not.
Saying I picked up in the Army

Rather have and not need than need and not have.

I also realize some are going to say that is contradicting with what I said about axles. I want to upgrade those too. Just with time

DBats

I'm running the EVO Enforcer 3" on my 2door, netted me about 3.4-5" of lift without bumpers, armor, or winch. Probably sitting at closer to 3" now. Coming up on a year now and I've had zero complaints, the ride is great. I also paired it with a set of the Rancho 9000xl shocks though eventually I'll throw some Kings on there.

With the 3" Enforcer and a fender trim or aftermarket flat fenders you've got tons of room to fit 37's, I'm running 35's right now and they look tiny.

Vic

wow

I'll make it easy for you. If you plan on having a reputable shop do the work and want it done right, figure $40k, Easily $40k plus. This gets you:
- 40s
- beadlocks
- long arm kit
- King coil overs
- drive shafts
- axles 60/60 or 60/80 full float
- armor
- tire carrier
- bumper
- winch
- compressor
- electrical kit
- lights, etc

wow, so what does it cost with 37s the same?

dillard09

Well I can say that I got a couple quotes just not to long ago. One to stay at 37 and one to go to 40s.

Pr44- rcvs, arb, 513
SF60-arb, 513
Evo long arm
Hydro assist
Rear King Bumps
1350 front and rears
Trail rocker and ARB comp
With install @ 25ish

Same as above but with 60/60
New slabs and 40s
Hi steer
With install @ 45ish