I want to run 40's, help!

mackey

Dear god. That's 2 times more expensive than my jeep [emoji23]

It is a lot of money, but I want this guy to know completely what he will need to spend. Yes you can cut corners to save money, but you will pay for it on the trail.

Fir-na-tine

Caught the Bug
I'll make it easy for you. If you plan on having a reputable shop do the work and want it done right, figure $40k, Easily $40k plus. This gets you:
- 40s
- beadlocks
- long arm kit
- King coil overs
- drive shafts
- axles 60/60 or 60/80 full float
- armor
- tire carrier
- bumper
- winch
- compressor
- electrical kit
- lights, etc

Not including labor cost.........this is spot on :yup:

~Woodrow~

Commandojk13

I have disability back pay coming to me from the Army. About 25k, I don't want to do everything over night and I do make great money. I was thinking of jumping to 35's or 37's for now while I upgrade things in line to get some 40's on her maybe by summer. I wasn't going to do an engine swap but I was going to get the ripp sc

JJK

Looks like you have a 2013 2 door. Forget the Ripp, the 3.6 has plenty of pep for a 2 door. 40's on a 2 door would be overkill/dangerous. I would shoot for 37's and save yourself a bunch of $$. Just my $.02

OverlanderJK

Resident Smartass
Looks like you have a 2013 2 door. Forget the Ripp, the 3.6 has plenty of pep for a 2 door. 40's on a 2 door would be overkill/dangerous. I would shoot for 37's and save yourself a bunch of $$. Just my $.02

Why exactly would they be dangerous?

JJK

40's on a 2 door with an admitted aggressive driver. That's going to be tough to keep a lcg by the time you get enough lift on to clear a 40.

Plus all those pantieless trolls will leave a slick trail. That in itself can be a hazard.

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Yup, VENGEANCE was just 1" over stock and running 40's. It was a blast to drive and handled like a go-cart!

main.php

main.php

JJK

I stand corrected. Go nuts with it.

I got a little moist just looking at that picture of Vengeance.

Last edited:
Top Bottom