I want to run 40's, help!

Dear god. That's 2 times more expensive than my jeep [emoji23]

It is a lot of money, but I want this guy to know completely what he will need to spend. Yes you can cut corners to save money, but you will pay for it on the trail.

I'll make it easy for you. If you plan on having a reputable shop do the work and want it done right, figure $40k, Easily $40k plus. This gets you:
- 40s
- beadlocks
- long arm kit
- King coil overs
- drive shafts
- axles 60/60 or 60/80 full float
- armor
- tire carrier
- bumper
- winch
- compressor
- electrical kit
- lights, etc

Not including labor cost.........this is spot on :yup:

~Woodrow~

I have disability back pay coming to me from the Army. About 25k, I don't want to do everything over night and I do make great money. I was thinking of jumping to 35's or 37's for now while I upgrade things in line to get some 40's on her maybe by summer. I wasn't going to do an engine swap but I was going to get the ripp sc

Looks like you have a 2013 2 door. Forget the Ripp, the 3.6 has plenty of pep for a 2 door. 40's on a 2 door would be overkill/dangerous. I would shoot for 37's and save yourself a bunch of $$. Just my $.02

Looks like you have a 2013 2 door. Forget the Ripp, the 3.6 has plenty of pep for a 2 door. 40's on a 2 door would be overkill/dangerous. I would shoot for 37's and save yourself a bunch of $$. Just my $.02

Why exactly would they be dangerous?

40's on a 2 door with an admitted aggressive driver. That's going to be tough to keep a lcg by the time you get enough lift on to clear a 40.

Plus all those pantieless trolls will leave a slick trail. That in itself can be a hazard.

Yup, VENGEANCE was just 1" over stock and running 40's. It was a blast to drive and handled like a go-cart!

main.php

main.php

I stand corrected. Go nuts with it.

I got a little moist just looking at that picture of Vengeance.

Last edited:
Top Bottom