Ideas for lifting Dynatrac 60's alone.

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
What a nice problem to have! [emoji12]
I can't imagine how heavy those bad boys are!

Sent from my SM-G950U using WAYALIFE mobile app

Over the years, I've been able to man handle a Dana 30, a Dana 44 and even an AMC 20. I tried and almost killed myself trying to do that with a fully assembled front ProRock 60. I could barely budge it.

piginajeep

The Original Smartass
Over the years, I've been able to man handle a Dana 30, a Dana 44 and even an AMC 20. I tried and almost killed myself trying to do that with a fully assembled front ProRock 60. I could barely budge it.

You are no spring chicken anymore either. You really need to watch what you lift at your age.

[emoji6]

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

jkLogan

I moved my core44s from the crate myself and it took me several breaks! Would furniture dollys maybe help with 60s or is that too much weight?

Sent from my SM-G950U using WAYALIFE mobile app

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
You are no spring chicken anymore either. You really need to watch what you lift at your age.

[emoji6]

So much truth in that statement :sigh: :crazyeyes:

I moved my core44s from the crate myself and it took me several breaks! Would furniture dollys maybe help with 60s or is that too much weight?

Depends on the dolly I guess and if it sits high enough to clear the brake rotors.

rockwell

Sounds about right to me. You should try handling a fully assembled front PR60 - that is some crazy weight to deal with. :crazyeyes:
Heavy as hell. I was worried the weight would be a hinderance on the trail, but when I’m climbing a ledge that heavy axle with 37’s & beadlocks keeps the front end down and controllable. The lighter stock-axle guys are lifting and losing traction and steering, so heavy is good.

Ddays

Hooked
Sounds about right to me. You should try handling a fully assembled front PR60 - that is some crazy weight to deal with. :crazyeyes:

I jammed my rear PR60 in the back of my Durango along with the PR44 front to bring home from my warehouse. Good grief, what a pain in the ass getting them back out!
Thought I was gonna bust a nut! :crazyeyes:

Deacon

My 60's FINALLY shipped yesterday (4 mths later) and will be here in a week. Is this something 2 Guys can handle lifting from the crate onto dolly's ? Ive already bought the dollys and built the supports that Trainwreck618 had shown. Dynatrac stated the crate weight was 1150# ... oh for reference for those that might order the Crate dimensions are 84" x 34" x 22" ( per Dynatrac)

TrainWreck618

Caught the Bug
My 60's FINALLY shipped yesterday (4 mths later) and will be here in a week. Is this something 2 Guys can handle lifting from the crate onto dolly's ? Ive already bought the dollys and built the supports that Trainwreck618 had shown. Dynatrac stated the crate weight was 1150# ... oh for reference for those that might order the Crate dimensions are 84" x 34" x 22" ( per Dynatrac)

They are pretty dang heavy.. two strong guys could probably do it, you might be able to do one side at a time which would really help. I used an engine hoist to lift them up and set them on the dollys

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

TheGrendel

10318_3.jpg

mastrcruse

Yes, 2 guys can lift the axle themselves.

I rented a 15' uhual and the crate slide in perfectly width ways. The feet on the crate are perfect for sliding the crate off the uhual. Each axle is heavy as hell but me and a buddy picked my XD60 up no problem to get it out of the crate and on jackstands.

Top Bottom