idler pulley melting help me please.....

Army_Vet

Banned
Your water pump pulley looks like its out of line... Hard to tell for sure, but it does look like its protruding

If the tensioner is week... it CAN cause all of your problems described so far...

Last edited:
belt looks a lil funny. looks like it's wearing odd on the smooth side. Gates makes a good belt for that engine. and def change that idler pulley, the way it's wearing the bearing in it is prob getting ready to go.

looks similar to the ones I see at the shop. just my :twocents:

LIKEITHIGH

thanks everybody for their help having been able to get online to check this post for awhile ,been out of state working . place that does not believe in internet i guess. but anyways i checked my tensioner and it had a lot of movement where the two nipples coming off the back of tensioner went into holes on the engine. so i ordered a new tensioner. got it after long wait and they sent wrong one, so i said to hell with it took the old one off and added some weld with my mig welder to the nipples to compensate for the extra movement in their receiving holes. got ride of the movement and added some tension to it also by forcing it to sit pointing down more than before. i figure a good enough temp. fix til they can send me the right part. refilled my freon to proper level installed new belt. and for 3 weeks now since i modded tensioner all my problems have gone away. all works as it should, thanks brothers.... and to answer the one question i could almost pull the belt off by hand while pushing on tensioner with my other hand. i knew theres no way i should be able to do that so alls good now.:rock:

Top Bottom