Ill delete my account

RolandJKU

Just seems like some times exceptions could be made. Especially for a good cause.

Unfortunately, the info is no longer a part of that thread.

Judesign

Caught the Bug
I hate to see such a great cause that most, if not all of us, would strongly get behind get ruined because this guy went nuclear. Especially with how well frank handled it.

thardy

Banned
Just seems like some times exceptions could be made. Especially for a good cause.

There IS an exception being made. This rule is being overlooked for the event. Simply the FB link rule was enforced.

CAN I USE THIS FORUM TO PROMOTE AN EVENT, CAUSE OR AGENDA?
If your only purpose for being on WAYALIFE.com is to promote an agenda, ANY agenda, your membership here will no longer be welcome and your account will be suspended.

MR.Ty

Token East Coast Guy

Exceptions could have been made IF he had contacted admin first. That would have been entirely up to Eddie and Cindy. He could have also NOT been a punk about Frank enforcing the rules.

Truthfully hindsight is always 20/20. If you really want this thread to die, stop opening and reading it.

RolandJKU

So it isn't missed you can find the forum rules here:

http://wayalife.com/faq.php?faq=wayaliferules

Is says this:

"CAN I POST A FACEBOOK OR OTHER SOCIAL MEDIA COMPETITION ON WAYALIFE?
No. We would ask that you please refrain from starting threads or making posts regarding competitions being hosted on Facebook, Twitter, Google+ or any other social media sites here on WAYALIFE.com.".

This is not a competition. It's a gathering of fellow Jeepers to get together and show support for police officers.

RolandJKU

I hate to see such a great cause that most, if not all of us, would strongly get behind get ruined because this guy went nuclear. Especially with how well frank handled it.

I don't see how he went nuclear. No cussing, so calling out anyone.

thardy

Banned
I don't see how he went nuclear. No cussing, so calling out anyone.

He immediately responded with "I'll delete my account". Sounds like 0-100 to me. Why not respond with "Thanks for the information Frank and I apologize for violating the rules. Won't happen again"

cozdude

Guy with a Red 2-Door
This is not a competition. It's a gathering of fellow Jeepers to get together and show support for police officers.

Fuck is it so hard to open up a link and read ALL of the rules?

Here is this better?
CAN I MAKE POSTS ABOUT NON-PROFIT ORGANIZATIONS, CHARITIES OR CHARITABLE EVENTS?
No. We ask that you do NOT make ANY posts regarding non-profit organizations, charities or charitable events on WAYALIFE.com

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
I'm sure I'll catch hell... he signed up before, bought a window decal but no, hasn't been all that active. I asked him if I could promote the event here so he signed back in to give more info on the deal.

Allow me to clarify:

CAN I POST LINKS OR DIRECT MEMBERS TO OTHER FORUMS, FACEBOOK, YOUTUBE CHANNELS OR OTHER SOCIAL MEDIA SITES?
No. We ask that you NOT post links or direct members to other forums, Facebook pages, chat rooms, YouTube channels or other social media outlets. Soliciting traffic to anyone of these sites is not allowed. Please be advised that your post may be edited or removed if it contains such content.
http://wayalife.com/faq.php?faq=wayaliferules#faq_otherforums

CAN I USE THIS FORUM TO PROMOTE AN EVENT, CAUSE OR AGENDA?
If your only purpose for being on WAYALIFE.com is to promote an agenda, ANY agenda, your membership here will no longer be welcome and your account will be suspended.
http://wayalife.com/faq.php?faq=wayaliferules#faq_promoteagenda

I really hoped this wouldn't turn into a yeti situation. The event I'd for a good cause.

And, there's really no reason that it should.

Any chance we could just let it die?

You'd have to stop posting on this thread for that to happen.

cozdude

Guy with a Red 2-Door

Here is this better?
CAN I MAKE POSTS ABOUT NON-PROFIT ORGANIZATIONS, CHARITIES OR CHARITABLE EVENTS?
No. We ask that you do NOT make ANY posts regarding non-profit organizations, charities or charitable events on WAYALIFE.com

Or here how about this one?

CAN NON-PROFIT ORGANIZATIONS PARTICIPATE ON WAYALIFE.COM?
No. We do NOT allow non-profit organizations or charities to participate on WAYALIFE.com.

RolandJKU

Here is this better?

The link didn't work for me in the app.

thardy

Banned

Here is this better?

Yet another rule being overlooked due to the cause. Why can't people just remove the chip from their shoulder and realize when they fucked up? We ALL support LEOs, thus willing to let it slide. It was simply a damn FB link. This common sense thing is hard.

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member

Seems to to me that an exception was made by allowing your post to exist at all. Technically, MY rules regarding charitable events would have been reason enough to have it removed. Being that I have so many friends who are in law enforcement, I allowed it to stand in spite of the fact that money is involved. You can tell me all you want that 100% of the proceeds will be going to a good cause but ZERO proof has been produced to support that claim. I don't know your buddy from Adam and so far as I know, he could be using my forum to help make him money off of a "good cause" and keep it for himself.

As a reminder, your thread has not been deleted. If you want to post up information about the event, simply post it up here. If it's absolutely essential to redirect traffic to FB to get that info out to others, please post it up on your own website. Nothing personal, I just don't know you or your friend personally.

Top Bottom