I'm Finally Back!

jesse3638

Hooked
Hey everyone. It's been several months since I've been active on here. Had some big life changes that have taken all of my time while trying to eat and sleep too...haha. First big change that as of Nov 1st we are the proud parents of our second new edition to the family. A little 6lb 2oz girl named Elliana Jane. Caring for two kids under 2 is a whole new challenge. Second big thing that as of September 23, 2022 I took a deferred retirement from the fire dept. OT was out of control and the expectation for me to be married to my job and neglect my family didn't work for me so I took my 20 years and walked. I was told OT would be going away as they were hiring more people. Fast forward to now and it's just as bad. Needing some form of income I took a new job as a custodian (yes I churched up janitor...haha) at a local school district. Honestly it was the best move ever. The hourly pay was nearly the same, however a lot les than 72 hours a week. Still needing a bit more financial means, with my wife's urging and support, before I quit my job I started my own business. Initially it was a side gig under the table but that wouldn't work forever so once I payed off my initial investment and saw the potential I've become legit. So here I am now the owner of The Off Road Coffee Stop. A mobile coffee stand traveling to wherever people may be. If you're in So-Cal follow me in IG @theoffroadcoffeestop to see where I'll be popping up next (shameless plug with Eddies permission...haha). It was the best move ever. I'm home all day with my girls, work a few hours at night and put in some time on the weekends. It was/is still scary but I wouldn't change a thing. Being my own boss and depending solely on myself for my success was the change o needed. I've attached a few pics below of what I'm doing. I've missed this place and the community. Looking forward to getting reacquainted and hopefully becoming an active member again.

Screenshot_20230206_205231_Instagram.jpg facebook_1674629325177_7023904477109860138_139931391084431.jpg IMG_20230128_070250_098.jpg IMG_20230128_093653_575.jpg IMG_20230111_052611_956.jpg IMG_20230122_102849_959.jpg

CalSgt

Hooked
Damn Jesse.... Good for you man, takes a lot of balls to walk away from a career and start something new.

Congratulations on the new kid and business Sir, and welcome back.

benatc1

Hooked
Jesse, what road man, but glad you found your way and can take the time to be with your family, even if you had to be Joe Dirt for a bit lol. New business sounds cool, congrats on the new addition too!

Spazbyt

Hooked
Congrats dude! You really did have a lot going on. Sounds like it all shook out for the best. Glad to see you back.

No freaking way dude! This is awesome. You'll be meeting me sometime soon as I love off roading, also love coffee and am always all over SoCal. Congrats on all this man!

Jsouder53

Hooked
Congrats on the life change! I’m sharing the same feelings with 2 under 2 lol it’s difficult and amazing all at once 😂 also my own boss able to enjoy a balance of work and family! It’s the best!

jesse3638

Hooked
Thanks everyone. It's good to be back.

Ben I can assure you I'm not going to eat the puke.

It's funny Jim that used to be the quote in the signature of my work e-mail...haha.

It's kind of funny because it was always a running joke that we'd become janitors when we retire, look who's laughing now! Hell if I stick it out 20 years there another retirement for me. It's kind of a safety net in case the business doesn't work, however I'm feeling more and more confident it's going to succeed. It's been a challenging road for sure but my wife and I still have 2 jeeps so I think we can tackle it together.

TrailHunter

Hooked
Dude, this is Awesome! I was wondering where you were but didn’t want to pry.. Congrats on the new adventures! As far as adjusting your life to spend more time with the kids… great move! I did the same when my boys were about 1 & 3, and I have zero regrets. Started a side gig that consumed me 24/7 and after 5 years realized I’d probably end up divorced and missing my boys grow up. So 🍻 to you for putting the family time first! Great to have you back!

Last edited:
Top Bottom