I'm Still Alive Barely

Petthefish

Hey sorry I have been absent the last month and a half I know not like anyone would miss me (maybe a few of the cigar guys) Anyway its been a rough time. Starting the beginning of October I started having trouble standing up on my own. My boy or wife would help me up and then I was good to go. But as the days went on I kept getting weaker and weaker I felt like I had sandbags tied to my legs and all my muscles hurt all over. Now is when it got worse, my hands felt like they were asleep all the time still do yet they hurt so bad its crazy, My arms and legs feel like I am lugging sandbags around and I developed jerking motions in my arms and legs. Here is where I just need to vent I have Kaiser Insurance so far they have been good but I have not been sick before. This started in October I cant get into see a neurologist until Dec 9th. My doctor ordered a nerve study Kaiser cant get me seen for that until January 16th. So at this point I am miserable my wife and son are doing everything I should be doing. I am in constant pain, When I do walk around there is a 50/50 chance I am going to fall ohh man and when I fall its always fun getting back up. Sunday I layed on the floor in the bedroom till my son came home and helped me up it was only an hour or so and the pup kept me company lol

So far they ruled out my lower back MRI said everything was fine there
Ruled out Lyme disease
my heart is strong no blockage
no infections all my labs have came back normal

Sorry for being long winded but Yall have become part of my life so if I could ask for good thoughts and prayers
The Scary words being tossed around are the big one MS (it runs in my Family)
Diabetic Neuropathy ( I am diabetic)

I am hoping the nerve study shows its just a pinched nerve in my neck but I have to live like this till we find the answer. All I know is I cant live like this to much longer its depressing to have to have your 18 year old sun help you get dressed and walk you out to help you get in the jeep cause you keep falling.

ok thanks guys for letting me vent I cant wait to get back out and get the jeep muddy

WJCO

Meme King
I've actually been wondering where you've been. So sorry to hear. I'll definitely be praying for you. I know myself how frustrating an unknown cause of a medical concern can be. Hang in there, man, and keep us updated.

MR.Ty

Token East Coast Guy
Damn, I am sorry to read that you are having all of these issues. I wish you all the best and I hope for a quick recovery once you get properly diagnosed.

Ddays

Hooked
Hell, I wondered where you'd been too. You have one of the more unique user names here (and I mean that in a good way ;)) so you were conspicuous in your abscence..
Keep your chin up and think positively - it makes a difference. Be thinking about you - keep us updated!

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
I'm glad you chimed in and let us know what's going on. I really am sorry to hear you've been having such a hard time and I hope Kaiser is able to take care of you.

M_Savage

Caught the Bug
I am sorry to hear about your health. great to hear how good of a family you have for the support. and remember we are always here too! keep your spirits up!

Petthefish

Thanks everyone if feels good to know I was missed lol while it has been miserable I am so proud of my wife and son Stepping up and helping me out. All on top of this we moved into out new home and they have been doing everything.

Labricon

Caught the Bug
Sorry to hear you are having a hard time. Thoughts are with you and hope it works out well for you. In 2010 I had a pinched nerve in my neck. Caused extreme pain as well as some muscle atrophy. Had to lean on my family too.........their help will get you through.

Sent from my iPad using WAYALIFE mobile app

Hey sorry I have been absent the last month and a half I know not like anyone would miss me (maybe a few of the cigar guys) Anyway its been a rough time. Starting the beginning of October I started having trouble standing up on my own. My boy or wife would help me up and then I was good to go. But as the days went on I kept getting weaker and weaker I felt like I had sandbags tied to my legs and all my muscles hurt all over. Now is when it got worse, my hands felt like they were asleep all the time still do yet they hurt so bad its crazy, My arms and legs feel like I am lugging sandbags around and I developed jerking motions in my arms and legs. Here is where I just need to vent I have Kaiser Insurance so far they have been good but I have not been sick before. This started in October I cant get into see a neurologist until Dec 9th. My doctor ordered a nerve study Kaiser cant get me seen for that until January 16th. So at this point I am miserable my wife and son are doing everything I should be doing. I am in constant pain, When I do walk around there is a 50/50 chance I am going to fall ohh man and when I fall its always fun getting back up. Sunday I layed on the floor in the bedroom till my son came home and helped me up it was only an hour or so and the pup kept me company lol

Ruled out Lyme disease

Sorry for being long winded but Yall have become part of my life so if I could ask for good thoughts and prayers

I am hoping the nerve study shows its just a pinched nerve in my neck but I have to live like this till we find the answer. All I know is I cant live like this to much longer its depressing to have to have your 18 year old sun help you get dressed and walk you out to help you get in the jeep cause you keep falling.

ok thanks guys for letting me vent I cant wait to get back out and get the jeep muddy

Keep hanging in there!

I am not your neurologist, but it sounds similar to what happened to me. I was diagnosed with MS last November when my arms and hands went numb. It was scary as hell, I'm not gonna lie. I never regained all the feeling in my right hand, so my penmanship sucks, and I drop things all the time if I'm not careful. Many trips to the Neurologist, many MRI's, lab work etc.

Here's the scoop...MS won't kill you. It will frustrate you, send you though all the emotions, and make life rough sometimes, but you will fight, and you will win.

If it is MS, feel free to PM me and we can chat off the forum. At 44 years old, the diagnosis explained a lot of what I've been thru in the past 20 years. I am just over a year into this, and have been through the full gambit of different meds, and been thru just about every test you can imagine. Please let me know if you want a first hand account of year 1 with MS.

hinrichs

Caught the Bug
Sorry to hear man, was wondering where you have been. Hopefully they can tell you whats wrong soon and its nothing too serious.

catahoula

Caught the Bug

Ruled out Lyme disease

Sorry to hear brother! I hope everything turns out for the better for you.

jesse3638

Hooked
I too noticed your absence but attributed it to the new house and being busy with that. A close friends wife has MS but up until 6 months ago had been pretty much in affected by it. I was told it was due to her recent pregnancy. Since then how ever it's been a battle for them. She is doing well now so it is possible to fight through it. Hopefully it is not that and something different. Hang in there and do your best to stay positive. Always look for the silver lining. That's what I try to do when life gets tough. I'll keep you in my thoughts and prayers and hope for a speedy recovery from what ever ails you.

Sent from my 831C using WAYALIFE mobile app

Top Bottom