In a crisis please help

Sharkey

Word Ninja
They should be able to...but if you don't return it to stock first your programmer could become worthless.

I can't find the fix. Maybe someone else will chime in.

I might try the following in this specific order. 1) reset to stock; 2) unhook battery for 30 minutes; 3) reprogram to 5:13; 4) then drive and see if it goes into limp.

The goal is to first do everything possible to reset then to reprogram before giving it the chance to recognize the gear change and go into limp mode. I don't know if it will work, but I don't see how it could hurt anything.

They should be able to...but if you don't return it to stock first your programmer could become worthless.

I can't find the fix. Maybe someone else will chime in.

I might try the following in this specific order. 1) reset to stock; 2) unhook battery for 30 minutes; 3) reprogram to 5:13; 4) then drive and see if it goes into limp.

The goal is to first do everything possible to reset then to reprogram before giving it the chance to recognize the gear change and go into limp mode. I don't know if it will work, but I don't see how it could hurt anything.

I'll try it

TheDuff

Yup so do...

I've had some issues regarding entered tire size. I get a code when ever I enter my tire size. I'm running 35" km2's, I tried putting 34" first and got a code, so I moved down .25" till it eventually worked correctly at 32.75". So try moving the tire size down some.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using WAYALIFE mobile app

I've had some issues regarding entered tire size. I get a code when ever I enter my tire size. I'm running 35" km2's, I tried putting 34" first and got a code, so I moved down .25" till it eventually worked correctly at 32.75". So try moving the tire size down some.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using WAYALIFE mobile app

I had the tire size set already only thing I changed was the gears.

Any luck?

No it didn't work. But I don't think the super chip flashcal works with 2012+ jks try to change gears I've read other things from people that have had the same problem with the unit they all move to the aev flashpak and it works. I'm going to call the dealer and hopefully they can fix it for me tomorrow. I did try driving it around with it at stock setting also and it didn't work either

MurderedJK

From my understanding of the 2012+ is... that as soon as you regear you MUST update and gear ratio settings before driving otherwise it will go into limp mode. I have a buddy that this happened to and he ended up just taking it to a dealer and having them reset it, and recalibrate the ratios with his procal before it was driven out of the shop.

jeeeep

Hooked
if you have the Flashcal, you should be able to clear the code then adjust the gearing - you may have to also adjust tire size even though it was already set...

if you take it to the dealer, reset everything back to stock (including tire size) or you could end up not being able to use your flashcal

Sharkey

Word Ninja
No it didn't work. But I don't think the super chip flashcal works with 2012+ jks try to change gears I've read other things from people that have had the same problem with the unit they all move to the aev flashpak and it works. I'm going to call the dealer and hopefully they can fix it for me tomorrow. I did try driving it around with it at stock setting also and it didn't work either

Do you have the PN 3570? According to the Superchips site it should work fine with a 2012-2013.

http://www.superchips.com/Store/JeepFlashcal.aspx

Sharkey

Word Ninja
Did you plug the flashcal into your computer and update the software before installing in the Jeep?

Sharkey

Word Ninja
if you have the Flashcal, you should be able to clear the code then adjust the gearing - you may have to also adjust tire size even though it was already set...

if you take it to the dealer, reset everything back to stock (including tire size) or you could end up not being able to use your flashcal

Out of curiosity, did you even read the previous posts? This has all been covered...a few times.

David1tontj

I don't have a JK, but when I regeared my 2006 Chevy pickup as soon as I tried to drive it the computer went crazy and locked up the abs. I didn't even have the flashpaq yet, but I was able to just unplug the wheel speed sensors so I could drive it, and I think I pulled the fuse/relay for the abs too, but you may not have to... Of coarse there were a bajilion light going off and I had no abs, but I was able to drive it.. Once I got the flashpaq everything worked fine. Good luck!

05 Tj, long arm, one ton, lockers, winches, 39.5" Iroks

Top Bottom