In The Shop - Disciple Off Road

LOL - I literally laughed out loud!!

I should note that something must have changed recently. Pippi, our 2021 Sport still has one but our 2022 392 and the 2022 ACCUAIR Sport JT does not.
Ok I was thinking this was a Mojave specific thing for some reason as itā€™s the first one Iā€™ve seen like this. They still use a M220/M210 axle so makes no sense to not still drill/tap these like all the others lol

Definitely annoying and you loose the magnet on the plug for any debris.

Here are some final pics of the new RockJock PSC high steer kit we did last month. Really nice set up but definitely tight! And as I think I mentioned before, it will work with a truss with some modifications.

6EE06FB0-B456-42CF-A210-74810B8795AF.jpeg
C90E0C35-F63C-4ED7-AD95-0E86E8AC6EB1.jpeg

While it was already apart, we added some Dynatrac ball joints and RCV shafts along with the new Rockjock knuckles.

13B24FC7-5F99-4A1D-A18A-45386D3166D4.jpeg

We installed this rear bumper and tire carrier made by Next Venture which is actually pretty nice and feels pretty stout, especially the tire carrier. Also added the Baja lights that are wired into the stock reverse lights.

F1DC9DB3-28BF-4B3D-8E84-47A8F0327287.jpeg
0C62BE62-C106-47F5-9974-FCEFEFB94350.jpeg
44875661-9CA4-4807-B721-81035C324A5B.jpeg

Always enjoy mounting up beadlocks.

762DACDA-C336-474E-B684-947F61E9AA8A.jpeg

The KMCā€™s got mounted on this JL with the EVO HD tire carrier paired with a HEPTA Mfg. Rear bumper and EVO license plate bracket.

D0324D41-C954-428A-86DB-64F712224937.jpeg
F6B4AF41-99AD-4C9B-AB67-845F911B5DF2.jpeg

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
I have to say that I've always been a real fan of Rock Jock steering components and they really
This Mojave got some new 4.88 gears along with a Metalcloak 2.5ā€ lift.

View attachment 385339
View attachment 385340

The Teraflex diff covers are pretty nice as they give a weep hole for proper fluid level and a massive inspection port to easily see inside and for adding fluid.

View attachment 385342
Nice pattern! You set the gears up yourself or have a guy that does it for you?

Also, I've not been a fan of TeraFlex as a company for quite some time now but I'd be lying if I said that some good designing didn't go into their new covers. The large fill hole, way up high and the large weep hole is are well thought out. Dynatrac had been using weep holes for a long time but the hole and the screw they used were just way too small. I always had issues with it.

Last edited:
I have to say that I've always been a real fan of Rock Jock steering components and they really

Nice pattern! You set the gears up yourself or have a guy that does it for you?

Also, I've not been a fan of TeraFlex as a company for quite some time now but I'd be lying if I said that some good designing didn't go into their new covers. The large fill hole, way up high and the large weep hole is are well thought out. Dynatrac had been using weep holes for a long time but the hole and the screw they used were just way too small. I always had issues with it.
RockJock has definitely been active with new products and agree they have always made quality stuff. Their lift kits are also really nice.

Thank you! I did these and have another guy at the shop who also does them. We do all of the gear work in house though doing a complete teardown with all new master install kits. I may be weird but actually enjoy doing gears. Makes you think and problem solve.

Yeah I agree. Usually not a fan of their stuff but think they nailed it on these, assuming they can take a hit šŸ˜œ

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
RockJock has definitely been active with new products and agree they have always made quality stuff. Their lift kits are also really nice.

Thank you! I did these and have another guy at the shop who also does them. We do all of the gear work in house though doing a complete teardown with all new master install kits. I may be weird but actually enjoy doing gears. Makes you think and problem solve.

Yeah I agree. Usually not a fan of their stuff but think they nailed it on these, assuming they can take a hit šŸ˜œ
Well, I guess I now know where I need to take my Jeep when I need to do a re-gear! šŸ˜

benatc1

Hooked
That rock jock set up looks nice, Iā€™m debating that for when I do my build, just not sure of every direction Iā€™m going to go yet.

Well, I guess I now know where I need to take my Jeep when I need to do a re-gear! šŸ˜
Absolutely!
That rock jock set up looks nice, Iā€™m debating that for when I do my build, just not sure of every direction Iā€™m going to go yet.
If you plan on keeping stock axles and want new steering and PSC, itā€™s worth doing in my opinion and think itā€™s priced really well for what you get, including the knuckles.

Top Bottom