Info from the 40" rigs please.

HLKSMSH

Ok guys I will be building this jeep big this time I guess 3rd times a charm. I already have adjustable LCA's and UCA's 4-6". I plan on going f/r 60's and that will be way down the road to support the 40's I want to put on my jeep. I will not be going that big of a tire until I have the 60's to support them but want my suspension first since I am rolling on 35's now. So my question is should I go with a 14" coilover or 12"? I have been looking and I would say set on the EVO bolt on just not sure what size. Also I am not sure if I want to go coilovers in the rear or just put the RK 5.5 springs in the back with some extended shocks to go with the springs. I would like to get any info on what you guys think on how to do the set up and how you would do it in stages. I am on a slim budget so it is going to take me a while to build.

If you're looking at EVO bolt on coil overs, they only come in a 12" in the front and 11.25" in the rear. If you get the weld in mounts, I would recommend that you get 12" coil overs as they will still give you 14" of travel and can be upgraded to double throw downs in the future. I would also recommend an EVO lever for the rear - with it, you would run 8" coil overs but, by design, will still give you 14" of vertical travel. This is what I would recommend.

I dont mind doing the weld on set the only reason I was stuck on the bolt on was the fact I like to do all my own work on my jeep and I have never welded anything. So I guess I will be getting the welded ones. and you mentioned the DTD I was under the impression that set up was more for going fast? I am mainly wheeling up the mountains in Hawaii and its mainly rocks and slow going.

DTD is mainly for going fast, I just mentioned it because it is an option you would have with the weld in brackets. Either way, you will have more flex and a great ride.

I see That is a good idea thanks for the info. so for my situation what should be my best bet on how to build it in stages?

Can anyone give me a idea of how to do this build in stages ty in advance.

I would go like this...........

1) Lift

2) F/R 60's

3) 40's

You better have a shit load of cash to for those 3 steps!

:thumb:

OR.....Just go 37's and beef up your 44's

Ok then I had it rite in my head at how to do it then thanks for the info and I will be buying the front Coilovers in the next few weeks.

Also 37's are not in the build Idea this time I have 35's and for about 30 seconds I wanted 37's but know what would happen if I had them I would just want 40's. So I will not be doing 37's then kicking myself in the ass if I got them.

Top Bottom